How much would you charge?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goathappy, Jun 23, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm getting ready to update my website and make a breeding schedule. How much would you charge for kids from a doe who is a finished champion? I paid $500 for my Ober doe Phoebe, and her breeder charged $300-$400 for her kids, I really don't think that is enough, she is a really nice doe and I haven't seen many Ober does as nice as she is.

Here is her page: http://www.sandylanedairygoats.com/symphony.htm
    and here is the buck she will be bred to: http://www.sandylanedairygoats.com/silus.htm

Thanks for your help :)

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    First off I think you got her for a STEAL! Congrats. And I think her prices could be higher, but I don't know what Obers run....

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thats what I thought :p I jumped at the chance to buy her, mom bought her daughter. We paid $350(that really wasn't enough) for BooBoo, and for Obers from top lines are around $400-$1000. Do you think $600 for does and $500 for bucks would be fair?

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I would say so, she is SO much nicer then that Obers I see around here, she is really pretty with an awesome udder.

5. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i would ask $600. for buck or doe. you can always come down but you can't go up in price.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks, 'cept she don't have one now :ROFL: LOL I know what you mean(if you saw that fresh pic) :) when she was fresh she had a beautiful udder.

Mom thought those prices were to much but I think its fair :) I've always charged less for bucks, mostly because the market isn't that great around here and if I want to sell them, I'd like them to go to a breeding home.

Thanks for your help :)

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Yep, I love the pic of her WITH an udder heehee. When they are dry it just looks like a sack lol.

It all depends on how your market is for goats around you.

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i would say 650 per kid. really good obers are hard to come by