The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you guys may enjoy seeing one of the skits from our ASL immersion weekend that we just had at TSD (tennessee school for the deaf). We had many people attending, some hearing, some hard of hearing and some deaf. We had all different levels of signers from hearing beginners to advanced ASL fluent individuals. The video is all in sign but you will still get a good laugh out of it evening without understanding sign. PS I am the alligator at the end. . . Of course we all got to add some interesting pieces to the skit. The boy playing a part of one of the students on the trip to the Zoo did all of his lines adlib. . . each time we practiced he would ask a different question. Well I didn't get to see his final questions until after I got home and uploaded the video and I could not stop laughing. If you need some translations let me know. I have a test to study for now and a project to complete.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys! We had so much fun doing this weekend. Well for a summary: It is a trip to a zoo and there are two tour guides. The first one welcomes the students and asks if they are excited. They are excited! So they are ready to see the first animal the elephant. What is that? That's an elephant, it has big ears and a long trunk. What does it eat? Many kinds of foods, a few, grass and peanuts. Is it pregnant? First tour guide won't answer and passes to the other. No, it's not pregnant it's a boy. Ready for the next animal? Thank you elephant. What is that? It's a bird, Flamingo. Beautiful. What does it eat. It eats two kind of things, shrimp and algae. I am color blind what color is it? It's pink. (flamingo says during stage time I am beautiful a couple of times). Can they fly? No can't fly. What is that? It's a Monkey, they are really cool. What does it eat? They eat many kinds of food but really enjoys one type bananas. Is it true that monkeys throw poo? Sometimes yes but it's not nice. Do they know sign language? Sometimes yes. Oh Monkey not like you! Sorry. Ready for next animal. Be careful, be very careful. What is that? It's an alligator. (alligator saying: I am hungry. . . I wonder if people taste good). What does it eat? alligator eats tour guide second guide tells students to run and alligator answers yes they taste good!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you and you're welcome! We are going to do this again next semester and probably keep this a once a semester event here. We have a local acting group ran by one of the interpreters that is for deaf acting students. The whole show is in ASL but there are interpreters for those that do not know ASL. Which is kind of reverse then most places, since the interpreters voice the scenes instead of signing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts