The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last couple of days my 19 month old doe does not want to go out and do any grazing. I called the furrier to come and take care of the goats feet as her's need trimming. She doesn't have a fever and her appetite for hay and grain is fine. I gave her a vit b complex shot. How often can I give her the vit b? Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? :?

·
Super Moderator
83,097 Posts
Daily if needed. It is safe cannot be overdoa=sed she will pee out what her body does not need.

Also give probitics her Rumen may be off.

No grain while she is not right.

Is she preggo at all?

How is her gums and eye membranes color?

How is her stool?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No she is not preggo that's will happen later this year. Her color is nice and pink for the gums and eye lids. also her stool is the good. I really am beginning to think it's her feet, when the vet was here she looked at her feet and redid what the ferrier had done a few days before. She told me that my goat had a defect that caused the bottom of her feet to round out too much and that the ferrier would have to make sure that she leveled out her stance. I just wish that the furrier would get here soon, it's been a week since I called and I'm still waiting.

·
Super Moderator
83,097 Posts
Aww, poor girl.

So you think it is her hooves giving her issues, she isn't wanting to walk?

How is her knee's, any swelling at all?

Does her hooves look healthy? Any laminitis or foundering, hot hooves, deformed looking?

Can you get pics?

She may be getting tender feet too, if she is being trimmed often, and on rough terrain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no swelling in the knees, the hooves look normal except the bottom of her feet they are balled looking which the vet told me that was her defect and they need to be trimmed down. She walks around but would rather lie down. I've kept the goats from entry during the last couple of days so she finds a good area now to lie and graze. I've kept a close eye on her and she eats then will chew her cud. The pasture they are in is both rocky and just regular. I picked their area because it had both and is also 3/4 on a incline. I can't take any pictures right now my camera isn't working. At least now she is grazing and seams happy until she see's me then it's show me her backside and snort at me. Guess she is po'd because of the shots and her house is closed during the day. Life with goats is great. LOL

·
Super Moderator
83,097 Posts
HeHe goats do get PO'ed, but they do get over it, LOL ;)

She may have stone bruises which is painful. If she is forced to walk on rocky and sloped terrain, especially after trimming her.
Hopefully, you are keeping her in a flat area easy on her hooves, so she can heal and have her hoof trimming therapy. After a goat is trimmed they are soft footed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts