The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! I am a long time member of the forum as “Snookie” but haven’t posted in several years, and under an old email, so I had to re sign up. I have been blessed that we haven’t had any goat issues for almost 2 years, but I wasn’t breeding or milking my girls due to family health issues.

Anyway, I’m about to start back breeding and I purchased a buck and wether from 2 different farms. The buck has needed quite a bit of TLC but is hearty/feisty and I think will do fine. I’m trying to get him in top condition before breeding him to my does.

His wether buddy I’m confused about his age and size. I got him this week from an elderly gentleman who really loves his goats but I think does not keep up with all of them. He is housed with my pyr puppies because he so tiny, and not ready to house with the buck yet. He is a Nigerian Dwarf (Boer?) mix, seller was not sure. He said he is 8 months old, and is 50 lbs. I weighed him today and he is pushing 20! And he looks tiny, with horns about 3 inches, but he’s healthy, not skinny, not anemic, good appetite. I think he’s much younger, I would guess between 3-4 months. I’m used to my goats being 20 lbs by 2-3 months.

I’m posting a picture of him next to my 85 lb doe. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually, i re-read his advertisement and it now says ND/Pygmy cross... he changed it! Which doesn’t matter ultimately. But his ears do not look Pygmy or ND

1 - 11 of 11 Posts