How soon should I feel movement?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Firestone Creek Farm, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Hi all,

I have three does that should be bred. Two of them were bred on Sept 13 and then on the 19th; they acted like they were in heat again so I let Hollywood breed them again, just in case the first time didn't take. Let's hope they took! :)

Now, my question is on Kadabra. She was bred on july 26th and then again on the 31st, but when the other girls came in heat in September, she acted like she was in heat again, too! AND STOOD FOR THE BUCK again! So she's really confusing me.

My questions: Do the does sometimes act like they are in heat when other does are in heat, even if they are already bred? AND, if she was bred the first time around, she'd be due toward the end of December instead of February. As of right now, she'd be about 10 weeks along. How far along (how many weeks) does a doe have to be before you can feel movement??? Should she be getting a belly yet?

You'll have to excuse any questions that are repetitive or sound stupid... hahaha! I'm a novice!

Angie

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    does that are bred will sometimes show signs of heat, buti dont think they will usually stand for the buck.

The heartbeat of the fetus can be heard at 20 daysafter breeding, i've never tried listening, but i'm sure it would be hard to hear it with the rumen and other stomach noises. hope this answers your question.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I do believe that some pregnant does will stand for the buck. It has to do with the hormones let out. I had one doe that did that. You can be sure by drawing blood and sending it to biotech for a pregnancy test. Last time I checked, it was only 7.50 per test :) And they only have to be 30 days gestation to have a positve pregnancy test.

As far as feeling the kids, mine were typically 3 1/2 to 4 months gestation before I could feel babies.

Oh and ask away on the questions - that is what we all are here for.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yep...movement can be felt at 12-16 weeks....as Kelebek said tho..to be absolutely positive you can draw blood and do a pregnancy test..won't tell you when she settled but you'll know for sure she's preggy :greengrin: