How to breed a doe, that has become an adopted mom?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Feb 14, 2011.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

My doe Adelle is a year now, and im thinking since shes a big girl, I was thinking about breeding her.

Problem is, she has adopted 2 of my younger does. YES im serious, these girls are SUPER ATTACHED to each other!

Adelle will treat them like her kids, they all go together, when they are seperated they CRYYY for eachother, its really cute, but its weird lol

I want to breed Adelle, but I dont want to seperate the bond they all have to eachother.

Any idea?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If you want her bred... you will have to separate them... it is hard sometimes...but it is only temporary.... :wink:

3. TinyHoovesRanch

Its sooooo sad though!! lol I did it yesterday and Adelle hopped over to get back to her girls

I was thinking maybe if I can catch her in full heat, I can just take her out and breed her really quick.

Her babies are so crazy when they cant find her, Ive never seen this kind of thing before, its like she has twins, but has never kidded lol

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    there ya go... that would work.... :hi5: :thumb:

5. TinyHoovesRanch

Yesterday she was flagging, but she didnt look like she was in heat at all. Then her babies flagged hahaha it was soooo cute!

I will try that then!

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    check her.... if she was flagging....she may be coming in....

7. TinyHoovesRanch

Ok maybe today!

I noticed the 2 little girls, were swollen, doesnt that mean they are in heat?

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yes swelling... can indicate heat....messy tail....flagging... verbal....mounting....

9. TinyHoovesRanch

Thats the only sign other than flagging, so maybe today she will be in stronger heat, if so I will take her in with my buck for a little romancing haha. The poor little ones are going to get really sad though.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I would walk her up to the buck pen and see how she responds...

11. TinyHoovesRanch

Ok! The buck pen is connected to the doe pen, so yesterday right when she came home, she ran over to my buck and put her back to the pen and then started flagging, she was so flirting! haha ive never seen her like that!

My boy also got super excited

OH and Adelle was mounting, hahaahaha so she was definently in heat I think!
    Hope she still is today!

12. TinyHoovesRanch

Well today, she was just swollen, no flagging or discharge, decided to wait, she didnt want anything to do with my buck. Maybe next time!

BUT She decided she wanted to hop the fence into Jennys pen, and guess who went with her? Her adopted kids haha.

So we had to lock them up for the night, and they will get let out tomorrow.

13. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    I love that these 3 have bonded so closely! It's so cute! and not even related? Very sweet!

14. TinyHoovesRanch

Um NOPE! Adelle was born last February, Lotus last July and Beverly last September.

Adelle protected them when they were small, so they just all love eachother. haha

I will take a pic of all of them together, the bond to me, is amazing! I love it!

15. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Well...she should make a great mom. :)

When she is in standing heat, take the buck out on a leash, let him do the deed a couple times and she should be good to go. This is usually what I do. If she's never been bred before and she's in standing heat, but is reluctant to stand then you can hold her still and let him mount her. I had to do that with a few this year.

16. TinyHoovesRanch

OH YA I can see shes going to be a really good momma, im just trying to do everything around these 3, I love what they ahve developed, not ruining it anytime soon, they all love eachother, and thats fine for now.....Looks like I will have to figure out something haha

I will try that Kylee, ive done that before, and it worked. The buck is bigger and alot more experienced, but I think shes eager to be a mom!