After talking to my vet and other people in my area I have decided to breed my doe Bella to my buck Phantom to kid sometime in late October to November depending on when her heat cycles work out. So that puts my earliest date for breeding sometime in May. I know there are a couple different methods for doe/buck breeding and I want to know what your opinion is on what I should try. First some background. My doe Bella is a kinder and they are not seasonal breeders. She is also a year old and this will be her first time. Before March she was cycling every eighteen days on the dot. It was very apparent she was in heat because she would hang out at the corner of the pasture where she could be closest to the bucks and wouldn't even leave them even at night. Now in March she stopped having these obvious heats and I've been having more trouble telling whether she is or not. For example today I think she is, her lady parts look a bit puffier than normal, she roughhousing with her buddy Prim, and she is paying some attention to the bucks. So is it normal for aseasonal breeders to slow down "off season"? So the second part of my question is where should I set up Bella and Phantom for their first date? I've heard leash breeding can be done but pen breeding could be an option for me too. Phantom is a bit nervous on leash (by the way this will be his first time as well). We've been working on acting normal on leash, but I would be worried that he would be too nervous to do the deed. Maybe that's crazy though, he is a buck after all . The other problem with leash breeding would be the fact that I am having trouble predicting when Bella is in heat, But maybe I could just keep trying everyday? The other option I have is I have a pen that I could put them both in. Here it is: The picture makes it look smaller than it is. It is my alternate buck pen that I am currently growing some more forage in. As you can see there is a lot of new grass coming up and I am worried about two things if I use this. One would be that will they be so interested in the new grass that they won't care about their date? Or is that just crazy again? Secondly, is the fact that they are both currently not on this fresh and lovely of grass and I have some concerns about bloat. Thirdly, would be the fact that I couldn't even leave Bella in there with Phantom for say a month or so, because Prim, my only other doe, would probably flip out not being able to be with Bella all the time even though the pastures are adjacent. Sorry for the book I just made you read. I guess I've thought about this quite a bit. So what do you think I should do? Leash? Pen? Something I haven't thought of?