The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Saddle I would get an experience horse person, or even better a saddle fitter to look at the saddle on the horse or see what the horse needs.

How many hands is the pony you need a blanket for? That could help guesstimate what size may work. I've never had a horse under 900lb so hopefully someone with a horse that small could give you a number.

In my experience 800-1000 seems to usually turns out to be a cob sized head. Although I do have a haflinger x belgian pony that wears a horse halter. :p So if your pony doesn't fit in that you should maybe try a pony bridle.

The rest it's hard to say what size, without seeing the pony. Maybe you can ask a local horse person to look at your horse and let you try on some of their stuff to see the difference in size so you can guess? Or maybe someone with a pony will have a good idea of what will work. :) If you don't have someone local you can always pop in a tack store and ask if they will be willing to return or exchange things if they don't fit. Most stores are really nice and understanding about that.

·
Registered
764 Posts
blanket: measure girth circumference and length of back. Most blanket sellers can tell you where to measure.

halter: measure circumference around the nose where the halter normally sits and around the poll, bridle the same.

bit: take a smooth stick and put in in her mouth at the same position as the bit. Mark where the mouth ends on both sides, measure that.

saddle: see above said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts