The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a alpine and I'm wondering how to get her to stop producing. Could i just stop milking her? Or would that hurt her? :confused::confused:

·
2,203 Posts
I have a alpine and I'm wondering how to get her to stop producing. Could i just stop milking her? Or would that hurt her? :confused::confused:
Does she have extra room when you go to milk her? Once a day or twice a day do you milk? If twice, drop down to once. If once, drop down to every other day. Every week increase the time by a day. It should come fairly easy.

·
2,203 Posts
No extra room thanks!
Ok then go ahead and proceed to drop one milking. Keep at it. Once you decide, stick with it. They need routine, as do us! :)

·
Registered
30,611 Posts
We stop or reduce grain...go to milking once a day for a week then every other day. Once you are at every other day and findher udder loose by the next milking..then its time to just stop. If she is a heavy producer then, milk once daily but dont milk her all the way out then every other day, same guidline as before...Its not good to quite cold turkey especially with heavy producers...some goats dry up easy and fast while others take longer...;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts