The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Something with a good protein level of about 16-18% once or twice a day, about a cup or 2. You could try calf manna added in as well (I've heard about that here)... what are you feeding now?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something with a good protein level of about 16-18% once or twice a day, about a cup or 2. You could try calf manna added in as well (I've heard about that here)... what are you feeding now?
I feed hay, alfalfa pellet, sweet feed, and free choice minerals. I just added black oil sunflower seeds two days ago.

I have had him for a few months and I just can't fatten him up. He was skinny when I got him from a lady that just had him for her kids to play with, but really didn't know what to feed him. The only thing she was feeding him was chicken feed.
Dog breed Fawn Terrestrial animal Snout Tail

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
754 Posts
I agree a fecal is always a good idea. You could also give Dyne and beet pulp can help add some weight. How is his Famacha?

Reactions: K.B.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts

It's on the expensive side but would probably be good for your situation (they do have smaller bags but this is more cost effective), until someone else chimes is with a more natural way that would be balanced, I'd say give that a try... it's high in protien so use it as an additional feed...

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
754 Posts
It can take some time for him to fatten up, especially after being on a diet of chicken feed. I would definitely change to a 16% goat feed as mentioned

Reactions: double j and K.B.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts