The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TOBYGOAT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two adorable Nigerian Dwarf wethers named Summer and Winter. Their job is to be pets and to eat up all the blackberries, ivy and other unwanted items in our yard. They do their job very well-- good workers!

I do not feed them hay in summer. They forage in their pasture and on a leash and rope in the rest of our yard. I bring them cuttings from nearby grocery stores' produce areas. In winter, I will give them hay because there is not enough forage. I had a nice horse hay feeder, but Coastal does not have that any more, and my boy goats tore up the one I had with their little hooves!

I have a little barn with a half wall between their sleeping area and the supply area. I want something to hang over the wall on to the goat side that I can fill in the supply area and with an opening for eating on the sleeping area and with a belt or similar to hook in place on the supply side.

What would work? What do you do for your goats?

:goattruck:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know that they make metal wall mount ones and cloth ones. You just have to make sure their horns can't get caught and that they can't climb or jump in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts