The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I won a used tattoo set at a raffle, it's incomplete. Do you measure the block that goes on the head or the letter/digit itself?

·
14,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Little Bits! I had looked all over but didnt check there.

Ok here's another question. Judge told me letters were hard to read on the buck (he has black ears) and to go in with a pin or something but wouldnt just rubbing more ink into them help it to stand out more?

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
I rub ink in before I clamp the pliers, then I leave them clamped on as hard as I can for about 5 sceonds, and rub more ink in. And rub like crazy. I used about as much ink as what would take up the last knuckle worth of my pointer finger.
And I don't use alcohol, or baking soda. Just smear ink and clamp, and press more ink in.
My tattooes come out very pigmented and raised. Even on black ears. They are very raised, you can even read them just by feeling.

And normally, just a standard thing almost all judges will do, is take a flash light behind their ears to read them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.