The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legacy Lane
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my girls and boy just won't eat enough feed...

The boer girls eat 1 pound a day, (calf manna, 16% sweet feed (all around stock pellets, it what they are called), alfalfa pellets).. these two eat together
buck (7 months) eats 1 pound each a day sweet feed, calf mana, and alfalfa pellets -- eats alone

The alpine (yearling) eats 1 pound a day
The mutt (dairy and meat mix) eats 1 pound a day calf mana sweet feed and alfalfa-- these two eat together

Every one gets more calf mana, then sweet feed and more sweet feed then alfalfa pellets.

I feed them in the evening.. I would love to get every one up to 2 pounds a day, how do I do this, they have been eating the same for several weeks and haven't wanted any more.

Access to hay and pasture.

Suggestions please:)

·
Legacy Lane
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will feeding them morning and night make them want to eat more ?

I am posting pictures of them but the Boer's are under weight. And I feel the Apline is too

·
Legacy Lane
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't really do that since I also have two full grown Nubains (who eat 2 pounds a piece a day) I believe they will eat it..

Plus come feeding time my Boers would get butted out and wouldn't be able to eat.. the "mutt" is very rude when it comes to food.

·
Legacy Lane
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much should the yearling Alpine weigh ?

·
Legacy Lane
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are in the middle of a worming session, again on the 19th and ten days after then in 30.
They are not up to date on CD&T I read on it when I first got them and read that it wasn't a have to have. Was that right? I know not to up it all at once. Their hay is alfalfa and grass mix. They have loose minerals also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.