The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
How much calf manna are you feeding per head per day? I've had some that don't seem to like it although most do love it and pick through to eat it first. It is supposed to be used as a supplement giving 1/4 to 1/2 lb a day, not as the main feed. Do the does eat all feeds equally or do they pick though for a certain one?

When you get a goat that is thin and not used to eating it takes time to get the rumen and their appetite going. They aren't used to it and would probably do more harm than good if they suddenly started eating 2 lbs of grain a day. Just keep fresh grain in front of them switching it out twice daily and giving the extra they dont eat(as long as it's clean) to a goat on the farm that is less picky. I had to this when I took on a couple different project goats over the last couple years. Here is a thread to one of them, he took a lot of patience trying to bring him back.
http://www.thegoatspot.net/forum/f185/should-i-take-chance-save-buck-142850/

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.