The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive asked this a week ago well sorta,so ive been practicing with my doe and me and my mom have figured a way to et her use to us touching her teats and udder ,now just to get her to stand still in the show ring.so when i set her up she scoots away or bites my finger or knuckle (it doesnt hurt but i dont want her biteing the judge!) and i usualy pop her on the nose but she keeps doing it,can anyone tell me to get her to stop biting people and scooting away

please and thank you

Ashly:laugh:

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Just keep correcting her. Try holding her head up a little tighter, not so much that she freaks out, but enough that she knows you mean business. When she scoots away, pull her rear end back where you want it and set her up. You can also try giving her a quick tug/jerk upwards on the collar when she moves, kind of like a "pay attention to me and stand still" type of jerk. She will figure out that it isn't fun when she moves around and will learn to stand still.

As for the biting, keep your other hand away from her mouth and the hand on the collar should be above her head where she can't reach it. If she is tilting her head up towards your hand, push her nose back down. If she tries biting when you are setting her up or switching hands flicking her on the nose should help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks she does bend her ead back then bites my hair or clothing(i have long hair) i will try that tonight or tommrow

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
I always fix my goats from biting by pinching their lip or tongue. Bopping them on the nose didn't work for me either but a good pinch a few times seems to remedy it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always fix my goats from biting by pinching their lip or tongue. Bopping them on the nose didn't work for me either but a good pinch a few times seems to remedy it.
Its starting to work thabk u

1 - 5 of 5 Posts