The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end of August I show my new goats in the fair for 4-H, but I just realized that the goats need to look healthy in their weight, which i think i'm good on (although one looks a little chubby) but my goats tend to bloat alot!~they eat all thier hay and grain and the next morning or night i find them bloated like watermelons. I'm pretty sure the judges don't take this as a common thing, so they'll mark points off my score. So anyways.. How can i be sure i won't find bloated goats the morning of show???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure selling them and buying more later is a good idea :? I really only have one problem goat, the other is very nice and calm and I don't want to sell him, I think he'll make a good packer anyways. So if i sold one, id have to sell the other, since it would be alone. I think they are acting up because of not having access to pasture. I fell horrible and sorry for them, but my dad is sooo busy and I have no older brothers to help me build it myself, I'm the oldest. sorry for my complaining so much, i just had to let somone know about my goat troubles :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts