The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so most of my goats come from registered parents but I purchased them without papers because it was cheaper that way. But I purchased a registered pygmy buck and a registered pygmy doe at a great price about 3 months ago but I know nothing about registering goats. I have bred the two together and should have babies in a couple months. I would like to have the baby or babies registered also but have no idea what I need to do or how to do it. Also I would like to have the buck and does papers switched from previous owner to me. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing it :). This is what I have

image-3905906273.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Okay first to transfer them, that's what you need to to first.
On the website, you should be able to print out a bill of transfer/sale. Both you and the previous owner need to fill it out and send in a copy of the papers also so you can get the ownership switched. It costs a small fee, but to get a cheaper fee you can apply for membership. Which is what you should do anyways if you want to register the babies under your herd name.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay first to transfer them, that's what you need to to first.
On the website, you should be able to print out a bill of transfer/sale. Both you and the previous owner need to fill it out and send in a copy of the papers also so you can get the ownership switched. It costs a small fee, but to get a cheaper fee you can apply for membership. Which is what you should do anyways if you want to register the babies under your herd name.
Ok so I guess now I have to come up with a herd name

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I think you can still register them, but if you are going to keep breeding registered goats, might as well. lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts