The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... lol. I have 2 bucklings that I need to register, but do I need to be a member of the ADGA, orrrr... I guess you probably do. I used to have a membership, but I didn't renew it last year bc I forgot.
Anyways, I have the form for both of them, just don't know how to get the official papers

·
Registered
842 Posts
You don’t have to be a member but it is a lot cheaper if you are. They have the work order forms on their website, so if you have the applications just send them in along with the work order form and payment.

·
Registered
435 Posts
So... lol. I have 2 bucklings that I need to register, but do I need to be a member of the ADGA, orrrr... I guess you probably do. I used to have a membership, but I didn't renew it last year bc I forgot.
Anyways, I have the form for both of them, just don't know how to get the official papers
If you have the official ADGA registration application, there should be a box on the lower right side of the page with a chart of member and non-member fees.
For nonmembers, Buck under 24 months, postmarked Sept 1-Mar 31 is $31.00. For members it's only $15.50.

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
What everyone else said yes BUT... if you do not register many per year look at the price of membership plus registration vs just registering them and not doin the membership. Do whichever is cheaper would be my suggestion. :). Also look at other tests they offer that you may want/need do on your herd and add those into the equation as well if needed. I am not sure what all the adga offers.

For me... i am a member of mdga. It is cheaper for my registrations plus things like g6s are much cheaper by me using them as a member rather than goin through the lab directly or my vet. It also adds our herd to their database as a breeder in my state for anyone lookin for mini nubians too. :).

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes! The address is on the form and you send it and the fees to P.O. Box 865 Spindale North Carolina 28160 I've sent in so much I have it memorized, lol.
OK! Thank you so much!

·
Registered
287 Posts
So, do i just send these forms in to the ADGA?
Membership only lasts a year from January so, if I understand it correctly, you'll need to renew your membership in two months (if that's what you decide to do). I'm waiting to transfer two girls from ADGA, and one with MDGA til January cause I'll eventually have more to transfer next spring and only want to pay for the membership once. Again, I could be wrong, that's just how I understand it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Membership only lasts a year from January so, if I understand it correctly, you'll need to renew your membership in two months (if that's what you decide to do). I'm waiting to transfer two girls from ADGA, and one with MDGA til January cause I'll eventually have more to transfer next spring and only want to pay for the membership once. Again, I could be wrong, that's just how I understand it.
With ADGA the discount period for renewal has already started so if you're already a member you can renew now. Yes, the membership year runs from January 1st-December 31st. But if you send in a renewal or new membership after September 1st it will not expire until December 31st of the following year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts