The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,179 Posts
Ha! So very true.

Just last week I talked myself into selling my Georgia & Zelda, a mother and daughter pair that are both due in late March. Told myself it would pay the feed bill and make less work at kidding season. Decided on a price. And was all ready to present the plan to my husband.

Then remembered how much I love Georgia's beautiful white newborns, and how someone else may not tolerate her biting after birth, and how they might not know to deworm them after birth.

·
Registered
29,936 Posts
SO TRUE!!! (clap)(clap)(rofl)(rofl)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ugh, right? I have one of my 2019 kids that's really nice for the most part, but has one wonky hoof that I know is genetic. I'd started casually letting people know she was for sale, but.... I have a couple of really nice bucks I could breed her to, maybe get a kid out of her first that has better hooves than she does.....Yeah, I'm bad at this! And I have kept both doelings from my favorite 2019 pairing even though one has better conformation than the other...but the one that doesn't have as good conformation has a much better personality and is a prettier color, so obviously I can't sell either of them :p Until March when my 2020 kids hit the ground and I'm absolutely overrun :p

·
14,725 Posts
OMG so true! I shared this on my FB wall the other day when I saw it lol! We have a small place, and will be super hard in the months to come/this summer because in order to keep any 2020 kids, we'll have to make tough decisions!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I saw this on Facebook too! I try to scroll past quickly because we are trying to sell 8-10 adult does this year to make room for our new additions. I’m trying not to think too hard about it, or I might try to keep them all. I’ve already taken one off the sale list! Lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts