The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I keep the goats cool? Is there any way? This is their first summer outside and it just looks soo hot out there! Thanks!:D

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
shady areas and lots of water. although, I live in the tropics and most people just leave their goats out in a field in the blazing hot sun without water, and they seem to survive (I don't recommend this).

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
-Ice in the water buckets
-If you have cement or cinder blocks they can be cooled with cold water for laying on.
-Put wet towels in the freezer and lay them on the goats if they'll put up with it, or lay them down for them to lay on.
-Fans or misting fans.

Anything you would do for a dog. it is hot out there.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I just shave my goats, provide cold well water, and plenty of shade. I am in MO so 95* with 70% humidity is normal here!

·
Registered
283 Posts
-Ice in the water buckets
-If you have cement or cinder blocks they can be cooled with cold water for laying on.
-Put wet towels in the freezer and lay them on the goats if they'll put up with it, or lay them down for them to lay on.
-Fans or misting fans.

Anything you would do for a dog. it is hot out there.
If you put something cold like a towel with freezing cold water then it might shock the goats and they could die. It's like mixing heat and cold they don't work we'll together! Haha anyways I wouldn't recommend doing that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts