how was your thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by toth boer goats, Nov 28, 2008.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving..... :)
    did any of you travel far or did you ...stay at home?

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

We went down to my aunt and uncles on my dads side of the family. had to drive about two hours each way to get there. but it was worth it. I hadnt been there sinse last thanksgiving. It was great seeing my cousins and my aunts kids, and my grandma.
    On saturday we are having another dinner here at my house. My aunt and uncle on my moms side are coming down as well as my boyfriend that was in california with his parents yesturday. Cant wait to see everyone!
    beth

3. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    We stayed home and had our feast here. The one curse to having a farm is can't really go anywhere as far as traveling long distance. But that's okay. :wink:
    Anyway I was almost sick from eating to much pumpkin pie, I knew I should have stopped on that third piece... LOL But what did I do first thing this morning, ate so more pie! I couldn't resist the temptation, and now I am thinking about going for another slice before heading off to bed. :help:

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I stayed home with my husband. We pretty much just layed around for most of the day...watched a dog show on TV...he started packing for his trip...didn't get much accomplished, but it was nice to relax.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is always nice..... seeing other family members..... you don't get to see very often.....It does make the long traveling....well worth it....you are so right... :)

It is Saturday...hope you enjoy your aunt and uncle on your moms side's visit... as well as your boyfriend's ... :thumbup:

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    It was ok we went to my Mother's side of the family's Thanksgiving first and it was a little boring. Then we went to my dads side which is a lot more exciting where the kids decided they wanted in with goats ans let them all out :angry: .

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know the feeling... about not being able to go anywhere... because of animals...but I agree...that it is OK....Yummy pumpkin pie..oh yes......I know ....we never learn ....and eat way to much ....but hey ....it is only one time a year....well twice if you are counting christmas...LOL :)

We to.... had a nice and relaxed day.......we ate alot ...LOL and watched alot of movies... :)

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    We had a great Thanksgiving, drove about 8-1/2 hours on Wednesday to Dickinson TX, for a family get together and just got back home today. It was so great though seeing everybody, eating, playing cards, and going to the beach. :)

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sorry ...you didn't enjoy the first of your thanksgiving.......but at least... it did get more exciting later....
    Oh man..... that would of been a site to see... :shocked: .....and a little bit of "panic"....:shades: :shocked:

wow....8-1/2 hours...is that one way...?. :shocked: that sure was a long drive......Sounded like you had alot of fun ...and the long trip .....was well worth it..... :thumbup: :grouphug: :)

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Yep, one way. But it was worth it. :)

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow........ :shocked: :shocked: :sun: :)

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We went down to my grandma's for lunch then came back home and did chores :)

13. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Sorry ...you didn't enjoy the first of your thanksgiving.......but at least... it did get more exciting later....
    Oh man..... that would of been a site to see... :shocked: .....and a little bit of "panic"....:shades: :shocked:
    Thanls Toth, but it definately got more exciting after the goats got out and put back in my aunt dyed my hair and my mom hates it. (Blondish to black).LOL! :ROFL:

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That sounded like fun...until you added "chores"..LOL.....I know...we all have to do them ....there is no holiday or vacation when it comes to doing chores..... :)

yep...I would of liked to of seen that...but I wouldn't of wanted to be the one to round them up...LOL..
    Wow blondish to black .....oh boy that is a drastic change :shocked: ...how do you like it....that is what matters.... :hug: :)

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hey Bethany, we drove 9 hours to go to Texas also to spend it with my son. He has three of his friends come eat dinner with us. It was fun for what I remember. (DRUGS).
    I have to say in the 25 years I have been Married I have NEVER cooked a Holiday meal. My DH always does it. I guess it was a good thing this year or we would not of eaten anything

16. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    I was still sick thanksgiving morning . . .and so I made a vow to eat and enjoy myself and then later I can sit in front of the toilet and regret everything . . .so I had a plateful of cheesecake, pumpkin pie, pork, etc. . . .wonderful stuff and funny, I didn't have any second thoughts later because nothing happened! So I felt really good. :)

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    9 hours....hey that is even a longer drive than Bethany...wow... :shocked:
    Glad you got to spend time with your son.....even if you were on drugs...LOL :)
    Oh your DH is one in a million........I am very envious of you..What a wonderful man.... :thumbup:

18. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    It is good I really like it. I was originally a brunette and dyed it blond over the summer but I anted it darker. It's not really black it's a really dark brown but it's almost black.