The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after I see my does like this it really explained things to me and who I plan to keep and breed. But I want to see what the fault and strengths are so if u don't mind and act like a judge and place them and tell me why unplaced them .

image-1615158646.jpg

image-538936198.jpg

image-2786842398.jpg

image-904938147.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry my soon took the pics and there a bit blurry.
1st pic buckskin heavy bred doe she will be a ff think she over extend her self but she is timid i had to work with her
2nd doe White spotted doe Sr open she is a ff this one is blurry
3rd doe dark brown 3 yr old heavy bred sorry alittle blurry
4th Blonde doe 1 yr old open never bred yet.
These are all Registered Nigerians just trying to get a understand what i got in my herd.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
4,2,1,3 is how I would place them:)

The first one I just can't imagine how she is cause yes, like you said, a littl too stretched but that's alright!(;
Second, has GREAT body capacity and her rump isn't that all steep:) nice top line also.
Third, absolutely beautiful! Actually, I think she needs to come to Florida for a few (10) years!(; haha.
Her rump is perfect same with her top line. You said she's heavily bred so idk about her body capacity but it looks like it'd be great:)
Last, I don't really remember her (on my phone) I do remember she was really pretty & looked to have good body capacity. I'd like to see her rump and top line blend more I guess you could say?

Overall I think they're GREAT!:)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the complements u brought some things up I had not considered. Hmm anyone else

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
3, 2, 1, 4.

3 is the winner in my opinion.
She is very similar to 2, with a nice topline, perfect rump, long neck, straight legs, good length, and nice brisket. She could be a little deeper.

2 places second.
She has a wonderful depth of body, straight topline, ideal rump, straight legs, elegant neck, fair brisket, and strong pasterns. I would like to see a bit more length and style.

1 places 3rd.
She is a bit stretched out, but she seems to have a weak chine, steep rump and small brisket. She does have acceptable body capacity, length, and legs.

4 is last.
OK brisket and depth. Her topline and legs should be straighter, her rump could be flatter. Weak chine.

The younger ones are placed worse, but they may just grow into themselves :thumbup:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks wow this really changed my though of mind. But im still learning what to look at. This is how i thought i placed them. Of coarse ive seen them in person so my perspective would be different. The 2nd doe i was thinking of selling next spring as she was lacking alot in areas. But know if i dont retain a ton of does sh may get to stay the last doe may go though. She has some good bloodlines supposed to have good milk genetics but her body does not blend well are something i dont like.
3rd doe from what ive seen thats how a nigerian is supposed to look. Nice looking topline, good rump and her brisket looks very good.
4th doe brisket looks good and to me she looked good but i know her rump needs work
2nd doe level back but her back end looks short something dont look right to me she has given it to her daughter. Maybe her rump is short and her brisket needs work
1st doe last she is way to stretched out. But brisket is ok i think but she does not seam to blend and her rump is very steep.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive got the 1st and 3rd ones waiting to kid post going know. In the waiting room :)

Not the best pic im alittle to the front of him but here is my main buck. My other buck is still growing. As long as they dont get yucky i plan to show both of them in the local buck show to see how they do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts