How would you handle this?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by keren, Mar 18, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    This is a little strange. I have a very good friend and we are very close, but live quite far so we mainly converse with emails, txt and phone calls.

We catch up face to face usually once or twice a year, and when we do its awkward (sp?) and uncomfortable. Not other way to describe it. I dont feel like myself.

And yet ordinarily, we tell each other anything and everything, and there is no weirdness.

Aargh! Its frustrating and I dont understand WHY!!??

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I know exactly how you feel! I have a couple friends that I hardly see anymore, but we still talk and all that...and it's like when I actually get to see them I never know what to say...and it just feels tense.

I found that it helps to just throw myself out there and tell them that I'm feeling weird about the situation--usually they agree. And for some reason, just getting that out in the open makes everything a lot more relaxed.

I think part of the problem is that I get these ideas in my head about all the things we used to do together and how things used to be when I should be thinking about the present/future and what we could be doing.

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    You have no idea how relieved I am that its not just me!

Thanks heaps for the advice :thumb:

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Glad to help! I'm relieved not to be the only one as well :)