The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new billy was supposed to stay at my friends house until he gets about 1 - 1 1/2 years, the. He'd come to my house to breed and restart my herd. Well that didn't quite work out, he went missing for almost a month and I just got him back from the guy that picked him up today. My doe is up front and I have him in back with my horse. Well my horse he's being a rude mare so I was wondering how young is too young and if I could put him with her any sooner. I'm estimating him to be about 5-6 months old? Ill attach a picture.

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
You could always put him with your doe & see what happens.
My boy (on the left here at 17 mos) was 7 mos old & did a fine job.;)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Are you wondering if he can be penned with her, or if he will breed her? As long as your doe is old enough to breed, I would put them together. He may just surprise you and get the job done. If we tell each other to separate bucklings at 3 months old because of the chance that they will breed their dams, then 5-6 months is definitely a possibility. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My doe is plenty old enough, I thinks she's about 4 or 5 yeArs now, she hasn't been bred in a few years. I'll put him with her tomorrow an see how they do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts