howdy from Alabama

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by newtopygmies, May 27, 2010.

1. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    Just thought I would introduce myself. I am a transplanted hoosier now living in Alabama. I have some ground that is overgrown with briars and honeysuckle and decided to buy some goats. Two weeks ago my wife and I took off on our bikes and went searching. We visited several places and finally found two pygmy does. I fell in love!! We had them tethered for a week (while I was putting up a fence) and last saturday we let em run.

Their names are Cookie and Suspicious. Cookie is the baby and Suspicious is boasting a full set of horns. They seem to like their new homes, but they don't like getting their hooves trimed though.

So far...so good.

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome to TGS.....And to the world of goats!!

Join on in and ask about anything you want, theres always someone here that will try to help.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome from Northern California....happy to have you here.... :thumb: :wave:

4. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Hello from a hoosier. Congrates to your new goats you will have a blast with them.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome :wave: glad to have you hear. I am sure you will greatly enjoy your new additions :)

6. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    HEY! I'm in Anniston. How close are you? :clap: We have 10 goats and 2 sheep who will be moving with us to a bigger place in Ohatchee (fingers crossed by the end of this year) I hope you are close, it would be fun to have more goat folks around here.

Gina & Yung

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome, welcome Welcome. So glad you are here with us. :wave:

Now we love pictures. :clap:

8. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    I am in Ashville, not far from Ohatchee. I am going up to Collinsville this Saturday to see what their market is like...I would like to get a couple of more "kids".

I hope to post pictures in the future... when we adjust to each other a little better.

Thanks for all the replies! You seem to be a friendly bunch of people. I like that!

9. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    We go to Collinsville all the time. :p Bought my first pygmy there. Lady lied to us. Clover was so sick after we got her. She only lived 2 or 3 weeks with even with vet care. I have 2 one year old pygmy cross does and 3 month old twin doe and wether if you are interested in some pretty lawn mowers.

Do you ever go to the Clay county goat auction?

BTW, I know right where Ashville is. As a matter of fact, we will be going by in about 30 min. We have to pick up my hubby's kids and they live in Oneonta. :sigh: LOOONNGG drive. (an hour and a half one way) And since it's pouring down, my bottle baby Ben get's to go along for the ride.(the others won't let him in any of the sheds)

Well, have a good weekend. See everyone Tues. You can call Yung Lam Jewelers in Anniston if you want to get together and talk goats. :wave:

Gina & Yung

10. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Welcome from New Mexico!

11. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Did you go to Collinsville? We ended up going, I thought about asking a couple of people looking at pygmys if they were from Ashville. Hubby thought I was nuts and would frightin folks. :sigh: Sometime's he's just no fun.

Let me know if you want to go to an auction sometime. Or we could meet at Collinsville. We are here at the store Mon-Fri. from 9:30 til 5 if you ever come through Anniston. Heck, I might even have one of the goats here. :laugh: Ben is still on the bottle and when the weather is nasty he comes with us.

Gina