The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would introduce myself. I am a transplanted hoosier now living in Alabama. I have some ground that is overgrown with briars and honeysuckle and decided to buy some goats. Two weeks ago my wife and I took off on our bikes and went searching. We visited several places and finally found two pygmy does. I fell in love!! We had them tethered for a week (while I was putting up a fence) and last saturday we let em run.

Their names are Cookie and Suspicious. Cookie is the baby and Suspicious is boasting a full set of horns. They seem to like their new homes, but they don't like getting their hooves trimed though.

So far...so good.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
HEY! I'm in Anniston. How close are you? :clap: We have 10 goats and 2 sheep who will be moving with us to a bigger place in Ohatchee (fingers crossed by the end of this year) I hope you are close, it would be fun to have more goat folks around here.

Gina & Yung

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Welcome, welcome Welcome. So glad you are here with us. :wave:

Now we love pictures. :clap:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am in Ashville, not far from Ohatchee. I am going up to Collinsville this Saturday to see what their market is like...I would like to get a couple of more "kids".

I hope to post pictures in the future... when we adjust to each other a little better.

Thanks for all the replies! You seem to be a friendly bunch of people. I like that!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
We go to Collinsville all the time. :p Bought my first pygmy there. Lady lied to us. Clover was so sick after we got her. She only lived 2 or 3 weeks with even with vet care. I have 2 one year old pygmy cross does and 3 month old twin doe and wether if you are interested in some pretty lawn mowers.

Do you ever go to the Clay county goat auction?

BTW, I know right where Ashville is. As a matter of fact, we will be going by in about 30 min. We have to pick up my hubby's kids and they live in Oneonta. :sigh: LOOONNGG drive. (an hour and a half one way) And since it's pouring down, my bottle baby Ben get's to go along for the ride.(the others won't let him in any of the sheds)

Well, have a good weekend. See everyone Tues. You can call Yung Lam Jewelers in Anniston if you want to get together and talk goats. :wave:

Gina & Yung

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Did you go to Collinsville? We ended up going, I thought about asking a couple of people looking at pygmys if they were from Ashville. Hubby thought I was nuts and would frightin folks. :sigh: Sometime's he's just no fun.

Let me know if you want to go to an auction sometime. Or we could meet at Collinsville. We are here at the store Mon-Fri. from 9:30 til 5 if you ever come through Anniston. Heck, I might even have one of the goats here. :laugh: Ben is still on the bottle and when the weather is nasty he comes with us.

Gina

1 - 11 of 11 Posts