Howdy from Indiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kritter11, Jul 6, 2008.

1. kritter11

kritter11 New Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Indiana
    Hi there.
    We have Nubians (my first love), Boers, Oberhasli, Kikos, and a few crossbreds. Also wayyyy too many pets.
    We are located between Ft. Wayne and Indy, near Marion. We've had goats for over 10 years now, and I've been breeding and selling goats and poultry for about 5 years. I probably won't ever get rich, but I'm happy.
    If you'd like to meet our animals, you can take a look here:
    http://www.rollfarms.com/

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Kritter11. :wave: Glad you are here.

It sounds like you are a very busy person as well. You have a very nice website and beautiful goats.
    I just wanted to say that my DH was stationed in Ft Ben. We were only in IN for 4 months but during that it was the best time. I have to say that the people of IN were BY FAR the nicest people we ever came across. We loved going to the circle during the Holiday. It was beautiful.

Again Welcome :wave:

3. Kittikity

Kittikity New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Hi Kritter, don't know if you remember me from BYC.. I haven't been here long but these are very nice people here.. Welcome..

4. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Welcome,Im sure you will enjoy it here! :)

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi and welcome!! Hope you get all you need from us....and maybe even share something new with us...we all help out when we can :)

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Howdy back at you from California. I love it when someone with lots of experience joins here. I need all the help I can get.
    I have been lurking at BYC for a year now- I keep thinking that I would love a few hens around but I don't know if I can deal with one more pooping animal to clean up. My de-pooping each morning takes two hours already. And to learn about another animal- I worry about my learning curve- always seems that an animal suffers before I undertand what it needs. But I really love that site- pretty friendly and polite.

7. kritter11

kritter11 New Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks for the welcome, guys. :wave:
    Getting ready to start the new breeding season...first Ob babies in 2009....YAY!

BYC is a good site, I post at both BYC boards, but my heart will always belong to the "old" BYC.

Daily depooping? With 35 goats, one sheep, 200 or so birds (poultry), 1 cockatoo, 1 ferret, 1 rat, 1 Patagonian Cavy, 1 Bearded Dragon, 6 dogs (3 in the house), 5 cats (2 in the house) and a fish....It'd take me 24 hrs...

8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome kritter11! I used to live in Indiana! I lived in Walton. I am glad you found us here!!!

9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome!! You've got quite the collection of animals!! That's neat!