Howdy from Montana! :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by poultrymom, Feb 6, 2011.

1. poultrymom

poultrymom New Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Roundup, MT
    Hello from Roundup, Montana where it's very cold and icy at the moment! :wave:
    I'm relatively new to the world of goats but I absolutely love these characters!
    We have amassed a little herd of pygmies and just had our second birthing. Mama goat Piper had a boy and a girl (Stumbles and Bunny) about 10 days ago. They're just starting to bounce and spunk around and are soooo cute! Our first baby Nugget was born to another girl goat Mindy in October and is a source of constant entertainment.
    My husband says the goats are his blood pressure medicine- this is the only kind of critter he has openly encouraged me to acquire so I've taken the ball and run with it! :clap:
    Two of our adopted goat girls are actually world famous- they were stuck out on a piling of a train bridge just outside of town and were rescued by my friend who runs the local humane society.
    Well, I could brag on my babies all night but I'll spare everyone!
    Here's a link to pics of the new babies (you don't have to use facebook to view the album) and one to the story of the "bridge goats" we adopted.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... d75bc11a4b

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-a ... 03286.html

I've already gleaned a ton of info from this forum and hope to spend a lot of time getting to know folks here!
    Take care all~
    Steph

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

WELCOME!!

I raise Nigis in northern cali!

So glad you joined this forum! YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Nice goats, very cute :)

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome to TGS...glad to have you...your family and goaties here.... :wave: :thumb:

Oh my... :shocked: it was your goats.... that where stranded ...? how scary..... glad they came out of it well.... :hi5:

4. poultrymom

poultrymom New Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Roundup, MT
    Thank you so much for the warm welcomes!
    It's great to be here!
    The stranded goatie girls weren't mine to begin with- the owner never came forward so I adopted them. They are the absolute sweetest little things and are always right next to us for scritchies and attention in general. We feel very lucky to be their forever home. :love:
    Steph

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome!!! And welcome to the great world of goats!!! They are definately human loving critters! Glad to have you join us :hug:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome.... the goats... are so lucky to have you... :hi5: :thumb:

7. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    Brian and Tom could be great friends!!!!!! :ROFL: Welcome Steph!

Attached Files:

8. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Howdy Steph...I remember your goats...I posted it on my facebook awhile back....I am glad they are safe now...little stinkers...so glad you are here.
    :cool: :laugh:

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I saw the stranded goats either on some news link on my facebook or on news TV cant remember which. Glad they have a wonderful home now though :)

Your new babies are just very cute and mom looks to be happy with her little ones

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from North Idaho

11. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Welcome from Rainy Washington State.... glad to have you here! You little goaties are precious.. and love the name.. Stumbles!

12. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    I read about that! We're just West of Missoula :) Welcome to the forum, I think you're going to like it here!

13. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Welcome to the group! :wave:

14. Jamieluvshernigis

Jamieluvshernigis New Member

Dec 13, 2010
    colorado
    Welcome!
    I'm in sw colorado and have nigis. My husband is a closet goat addict lol hell deny it but he always had our bottle babies and always seems to be @ the barn.
    Glad you're here