Howdy from NE TX

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by midnitesun, Sep 10, 2009.

1. midnitesun

midnitesun New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Hunt County, Texas
    Well I just joined an few minutes ago and wanted to stop in and say Hi...

I live in NE Texas, 50 east of Dallas, and love it here. I raise pygmies, alpacas, and chickens on our little farm. I homeschool my kids, run our farm, and still some how find time to surf the net. I have 3 kids, all boys, ages 9 yr and twin 2 1/2 yr. I have been married for a year now.
    I'm semi new to the goat world. I had goats as a kid and now I have them again. I started with 3 pygmies back in Feb. of this year, and than added 2 LaManchaX on Friday. But the neighbors dogs broke through 3 fences and killed the LaManchas on Tuesday :( :angry: . Sad part was they had to go through my alpaca pen, to cross into the goat pen, and they never touched the pacas. But I'm not going to let this stop me on getting more (it will just take me some time).

Anywho, I join hoping to fime others in my area, that could help me find goats, raise goats, and even show me how to milk goats, when I get more milkers. Maybe you can even show me how to make cheese and soaps. :pray: :wink:

How to talk to you all soon,

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome Michelle!

Sorry to hear of the tragic loss of your munchies :hug:
    I know we have a few members from Texas here, so hopefully they can steer you in the direction needed to find some goaties.

I have pygmy/nigerian dwarf crosses and a couple reg. nigies.... believe it or not but pygmies have very sweet milk and they do give a surprising amount as well.
    There is a TON of info here, and any questions you have, ask away! Theres always someone who has an answer :)

3. midnitesun

midnitesun New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Hunt County, Texas
    Thanks Liz. I never thought of milking a pygmy... I just got them cuz they are so cute and I fell in love with these 3. i was thinking of getting a Nigerian Dawrf Billy to bred with my 2 girls, but I don' think Peanut would like for me take his girla away.
    Funny thing is Hubby wouldn't let have a Great Dane, but he let my have 2 goats the size of Danes. :ROFL: :ROFL:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :ROFL: I hear ya there!! I was raised with the big goats...and had plenty struggles with them growing up that when I decided I wanted goats here, my hubby insisted on the mini's which of course works better for me and even better for my hubby, he's "vertically challenged" as he says and I can't imagine what he'd do if I did have big goats! :)

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome :wave:

Oh thats so tragic about your goats :( :hug:

Ask any questions you have - do searches on here, and we will try our best to give you a hand with your new goat venture. :thumb:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome from Ohio! Hehe! Sounds like Pygmies have got you hooked! :D I started with 2 and now have 20! :slapfloor:

That's too bad bout the Manchas. :( :( A friend of my has a Pygmy LaMancha cross. She is such a beautiful goat!;)

Welcome to TGS! Hope you enjoy it here! We love piccies!

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Howdy Michelle, welcome to The Goat Spot!! Glad you joined us! :wave:

8. midnitesun

midnitesun New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Hunt County, Texas
    Thanks FamrGirl.
    Your kinda in my neck of the woods, well where I grew up that is. I grew up between OKC and Muskogee. Just moved to Texas in 2007.

9. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Welcome from a fellow Texan that resides in the Trans-Tweener region! :ROFL: :slapfloor:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome ....Michelle.......so happy to have you here...... :thumbup: :leap:

I am so sorry about your goats... :( :hug:

11. jenfrank

jenfrank New Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Howdy Neighbor from Arkansas... I don't think there are many if any others from Arkansas on here, So I'm really happy to see someone in the neighborhood!!,,,and someone who may have some somewhat similar (CRAZY) weather to deal with!! Do have any pics of your pygmies (and other farm critters)?

Sooo sorry about what happened to your new goats!!! These folks on here are soooo helpful!