Howdy From Tennessee!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GotmygoatMTJ, Apr 25, 2009.

1. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Howdy!

We are Mountain J Boer Goats. Mom and daughter. Im 16 and my mom is 40.....something. LOL :angel2: Hehe

We raise Registered, SA, FB, and Percentage Boers.
    We are leaning to more commercial areas though, but will keep a couple of our good SA/FB does.

We have around 50 or so goats right now, and 2 bucks. A Full Codi/PCI Traditional buck that is 300lbs. 28 months old. And a Full SA Paint buck that we raised that is only 5 months old. We have Reds too!(A few :wink: )

We just love our goats, and rescue goats when we can.

We currently have our Full Codi/PCI buck for sale. He throws some nice babies!!!

I have been looking at this forum for a while now, and just thought about joining. :)

Pictures will be up soon. Does this forum allow tinypic pictures?

2. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Welcome to TGS!

Wow, you should get some goats! LOL!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    well howdy to you to...GotmygoatMTJ.... :wave:
    I am from Northern Ca .....and as you ...are raising and breeding Registered to commercial SA boers.....I try to raise show quality,but as you may know , not everyone will be..... :wink:
    I went through your website... and you do have nice pedigree......and beautiful animals.....I am pleased to have another boer breeder here.. :hug: ..we do need more... boer breeders here... on the goat spot........there really aren't enough of us here......thank you so much for joining.....looking forward to your posts and pic's...... :wink:

I am not sure about those kinds of pics..... :scratch:
    we use photo bucket and some of us use the simple program called "Paint" in windows ....and make the picture size smaller... :greengrin:

we have a for sale section... that you may put it in.....so if someone is looking to buy they can find it easier....

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    as long as it has a URL or IMG then yup you can post it or upload from your computer.

welcome to TGS - glad to have you hear

5. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. :love: Hehe.

Toth-I have been on your website many times, and I tell ya, I love love LOVE your paint bucks! They are just. Wow.

What I meant when I said Commercial though is not Fullblood, but more percentage. Right now we have......4...5....6....13 Boer cross does, 1 spanish/kiko spotted doe, and 2 Spotted Nubians.

We are leaning to more color and a hardier program, because in our area, it gets really wet, and then it gets really dry, so we want a very versatile goat.
    One of cross does, her name is Winnie Lee. We havent had to trim her feet since we got her 7 months ago, and shes a very large doe too. :leap: Hehe.

But thank yall again for the warm welcome. :)

Here are 5 of our young commercial doelings. Curly Fry back left, Pretty Girl front left, Little Angel, Britches, and Spiral.
    [​IMG]

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Welcome!! :wave:

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from North Idaho :wave:

I only have 1 Boer x girl left (75 Boer 25 Sanaan). Other then that, we have dairy....

We are glad to have you here! Keep the pics coming - I :love: boer kids!

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are so welcome.....thank you so much for the nice comments on my bucks.....I really appreciate it...... All we have is FB boer ....but we did have the percenters at one time... :wink:
    sounds like your weather can be pretty hectic with your goats.....no wonder you want to go hardier....

I bet ...Winnie Lee...was not a happy camper...LOL

Love the pic .....they are pretty nice.....commercial doelings....really love the names....especially "Curly Fry" was someone hungry for Curly Fries :D .....LOL :wink:

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  10. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Thank you all. :grouphug:

Toth-hehe. Curly Fry got her name because she has some curly hair. Her sister is Spiral, so it fit. Hehe.

11. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from AL :wave: VERY nice goats you got there!

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Awwwwwwww....how cute..... :wink: :D

13. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Welcome from Holmes County, Ohio!

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from SW PA!!

Very pretty goaties! I like the traditional Boers but those of yours that have the tan colored head are very pretty!

15. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Welcome from illinois! :wave:

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Howdy and welcome. :wave: We are glad you are here with us. You have some nice looking goats there.

17. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    GMG!! Welcome to The Goat Spot!! :) Glad you joined us.

18. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome. :love:

Sorry havent been on here in a while, got kind of busy and well. "Forgetted....." :doh:

LOL

I hope I will be able to post more, because I still very much like this forum!

Hey Farm Girl!! Nice seeing you! HEHE

19. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh how could you forget us!! :shocked: nah thats ok just messing with you. Glad you did stop by again :hi5: