Howdy from TEXAS!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by justthemomforthejob, Jan 22, 2009.

1. justthemomforthejob

justthemomforthejob New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Howdy from the Great State of Texas!

My hubby and I live near Dallas with our 5 children who are still at home (1 child grown and married) and our assorted critters. We can't wait to add more children to our family through adoption...independent or through foster care.

We recently adopted our daughter who is 16 months old and who is allergic to cow's milk, soy milk, etc. Yesterday we began gathering our little dairy goat herd with the purchase of a darling Dwarf Nigerian doeling we named Zipporah....Zipper for short. She is about a week and a half old and is doing well. So far, so good.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on the adoption and the new goat addition.

Do you have pictures of the cutie -- because I am sure she is adorable :drool:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome from SW PA! :wave:

What a wonderful lady you are!
    Hopefully your newest addition...4 legged...thrives and grows to give your daughter the wonderful benefits of IMO the sweetest best tasting milk ever.

And I'm pretty sure that Stacey was referring to a pic of the little doe...but, feel your way around..there is a place tro post "family pics" if you want to.

4. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Welcome and WOW!! You are busy folks!

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Howdy!! Welcome from Oklahoma, glad you joined! :)

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hehe Liz knows what my passion is -- cute adorable ND kiddos! :love:

7. justthemomforthejob

Jan 22, 2009
    How about two birds with one stone???? The only pics I have of the four-legged kid are with one of the two-leggers! This is a pic of Zipper with our newest two-legger, Bailey. :girl:

8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hello fellow Texan! Can't wait to see the baby. :wave:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my gosh - both are just the cutest things ever. That pic is to die for!

10. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Ahh! Too Cute! :drool:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome to TGS! Thanks for the pic-we just love pics. :thumb: yes way up there on the cute meter!

12. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
  13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome and Howdy :wave: Glad you are here.

I have to say that you are my Hero. :clap: I think what you do is just awesome. I have tried to tell my DH that we needed Foster kids. My daughter leaves in the fall and my son is gone, so it will be very quiet around the house.

I really do not see how people are excited when their kids leave for college, I :tears: :( am so sad thinking about it. Someone said well now you can go and do things without the kids, but that is not how I want to do things.

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    PRICELESS!!! what a picture :love:

15. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    Welcome neighbor! I am south of Fort Worth and raise boer goats. My kdis are grown, well one is still in college but no little kids. I am anxiously anticipating a grandchild. My son and DIL have only been married for 9 months and they just bought a home in Nov. so my son is not in any hurry but my DIL is ready whenever he gives the word. I love babies, but have contented myself with baby goats. LOL

Beautiful kids, both 2 and 4 legged.

Denise

16. justthemomforthejob

Jan 22, 2009
    Thanks for the warm welcome!! I am going to post some more pics of Zipper in the photo forum....she had so much fun in her new enclosure this morning!!

Lori - fostering/adopting is wonderfully rewarding and terribly frustrating at the same time! We are at a place right now where we want to adopt again (from CPS) but our agency is being a royal pain in the rear. Anyone in the group that is from Texas knows how CPS can be....the agency is WORSE. No kidding! That being said, I wouldn't trade our daughter or the time we had with our foster daughter for anything. If they called today, we would be terribly excited to open our home again. If you seriously want to consider fostering, let me know and we can e-mail off the list. :)

Denise - Grandbabies are awesome! We have one...he is 13 months old and is lots of fun! He is only three months younger than our daughter so they have lots of fun together. It's really cool raising babies with your baby!

Christina

17. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from AL :wave: Glad to have you here! That pic is just TOO CUTE!!! :love: I hope you enjoy TGS! :wink:

18. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Welcome from Ohio and what a sweet picture, I have a couple of my niece's with baby goats when they were little.