Hubby finally brought the cha-cha pics - Is she going to Kid

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Nov 19, 2007.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ok - so I know that these are not near the best pics. You would think with the price of this camera it would be user friendly and easy for me to take pics on!

I think hubby got tired of me whining to bring them home and of course me teasing him about the cha cha pics -

But anyway PLEASE tell me what you think. I am hoping that we can tell if I can wait the 2 months and it be my man's babies - or did the other buck get her and she will go in a few weeks?

I can't sleep till I know!! I am so nervous right now to even go to bed or work! I don't want to miss the first kids born on my ranch~

I have to post pics in 2 seperate so here we go! ChaCha in one and her body in another!

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Here are some more!

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I'd say she's pretty darn close! Do you have a baby monitor? They are AWESOME.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    no - but I found the most AWESOME closed curcuit television unit that has 2 cameras at home depot this weekend.

When do you think that I should seperate her from the others??

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well she certainly is open - isn't to wide, though I know pictures are deceiving!

If she has to wait till January I would be extremely suprised!

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
  7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you - I check her twice a day and I already told my boss that if she goes into labor - I have to stay home! He is ok with that! LOL!

At least I know that I can go to sleep and know that I am not going to wake up to babies. I am a nervous wreck. How am I going to do this with the others??? Ahhhh-----

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sometimes it gets better!

oh and i saw her udder - Is this her first time?

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Everything is going to go smoothly, don't worry =) When my first does kidded I didn't have GW or GS so I was all alone! The Fias Co Farm website was alot of help!

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Yeah it looks like she is bagging up a bit.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    This is her second. She had a single kid about a year ago. She was being milked up until 4 months ago. She seemed to me like she was starting to get a small udder. She loves it when I scratch her belly and pushes her back legs out and spreads them so that I can scratch all the belly!

Her tummy feels so tight that it will pop if she hits a sharp corner or I poke it. Although I am not seeing kids moving from the outside but she will not let me palpate her tummy either. She tenses up real bad and squirms to get away~

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    You will absoulutly LOVE LOVE LOVE the kids! They are so much fun!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Can you tell that I am just way to excited. Hubby thinks - just leave her alone she will have them when she is ready - quit checking her - she doesn't need a kidding stall -

Yet, I find him out there talking to them and petting them!

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I can't wait to hear when she kids and see what she has! You MUST post pictures!

15. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    i think you should name the first doeling 'cha cha cha'!

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I should - that would be tooooo funny!

17. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    she looks close but she hasn't dropped yet, has she. She also looks fairly flat in the tail region - how do her ligaments feel? Also she will probably bag up a bit more - but that's debatable as some don't!

I guess what I would do is feel for ligaments, and then keep checking them and to see whether she drops - her belly will get lower and she might get slight hollows in her sides.

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Good to know.

I have been trying to feel her ligaments but when I pet her she tenses up and it is hard to feel anything.

It doesn't seem like there is milk or anything in her udder, just growing - kind of like how women get a bit "bigger" when pregnant.

I am just going to quit stressing and let nature take its course.

19. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    and run to the barn at least once/hour, and watch her intently, and feel her, and run out yet again for 'just one more quick look'.......yep, i know the drill. at least she has kidded before, so should know what to do if she decides to have this kid during the twenty minutes you are NOT out there checking on her.

sure hope 'nature takes its course' soon.......before you expire!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :wink: :lol: :roll:

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Not funny cure kids! LOL!

I am actually thinking about taking on a part time job just to get a little extra money. But I am scared because of her kidding!

The others are not due until March so I am good after her!