The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...yesterday I was up on a ladder trimming tree branches...for the goats, of course.
The ladder tipped and I fell straight down on my right heel, from 5 feet up!
I now have a fractured heel on the right side, I also dislocated and fractured my left pinky finger when I tried to catch myself.

Now I'm laid up, and this sucks...big time!
I miss my goats and they've been screaming for me ALL day. :(
There's no way I can get to their pen on crutches, so hubby is in charge of all things goat. And while he's not happy about it, he will do it for me.

Thanks for letting me vent, I know all you goat lovers will "get it"...most people think I'm nuts when it comes to my goats...LOL!!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Ohhh your brave lol. I know if I ever got hurt I would walk out one day and they would all be sold. My husband has even told me if I kick the bucket they are gone lol. So I made a small list of no matter what don't sell or I will haunt you......I do hope you get better fast :(

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jessica!

I KNOW if anything ever happened to me, my husband would definitely get rid of the goats. I need to make sure he knows what to do with them, as it would break my heart if they went to a bad home...or worse yet, the freezer. :eek:

Actually, I'm shocked, as I just looked outside and he's cleaning the barn and pen. I had planned on doing it yesterday, but that never happened.
Maybe after taking care of them, the little monsters will grow on him. ;)

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Ladies :hugs:

The frustrating thing, besides not seeing my goats, is that it's my right foot, so no driving for at least eight weeks.
And I'm a lefty and it's my left pinky that's fractured... :mad:

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Oh no!! I am glad you are OK, besides your pinky and heel :(

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Awww :( I know, it's horrible. I have shaky health, and two days ago I had what I believe to be an ovarian cyst, burst. Extremely painful and it's really laid me up. I miss my goatie pals, and I can tell they miss me. Went out to say hi for a little bit.

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally got out to see the boys! :cool:
I was so excited, but they were more interested in rubbing and chewing on my walker than seeing me...LOL!! BRATS!! :p

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
^^ awww!!! finally! yes, they all are brats, aren't they?

two words that may solve the issue.....HOUSE GOATS!! lol

·
Love them goats!
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He's a good man to tend goats for you ... I hope he makes some friends! (Who can not love goats???)
He's actually liking that the goats get excited when they see him coming now...he is the new "Bearer of Food". ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts