The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in trying to wean little Beebop, I had him, Bella, and Mitzi in the barn today... I went to go out this evening to feed and to put the rest in... Well, guess who made their way into the feed side of the barn, and dumped over a tub of grain??? Beebop and Bella, Bella is the one on my avatar.......I panicked!!! No signs of tummy issues as of yet... Chewing there cud about an hour ago, still pooping pellets... I taped up Peppermint's teats, so ALL will be going out tomorrow... I hope it works.. Anything else I should keep an eye out for?? Actually it didn't seem like they ate a whole lot, so I was encouraged as I was cleaning it up....

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
I agree..probios and have cd antitoxin and MOM ready, just in case..my girls who broke in our barn too a bit for all that to make a mess on their butts..
No feed until you know they are past the risk..plenty of grass hay...

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone was perky, crying for their feed.. No runs etc.... to make matters better I put teat tape on Peppermint the mom last night, well they all went out in the field, and guess who was saying NO to Beebop??? Yep, she was kicking him away, and moving away naturally:) I just hope that continues and I get some milk tonight:)

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
good job!

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess where Bella was tonight? Sitting on top of a hay bale on the feed side again, happily chewing her cud.... She is my sweetest goat, well Mitzi is sweet too, but seriously why is she the most mischievous goat.... She didn't get into anything though... Yeah! I guess I'm going to have to block the manger off where I feed some their hay so she can't get in there... but then again I did catch her walking on top of the pens like she was walking on a tight rope..:( ARGH!!! She's going to give me a heart attack one of these days.... She's all looking at me like..,, hey mom what's up, can I cuddle with ya....

Thanks all!! Everyone still appeared perky, and enjoying life... Haha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts