The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cosmo should be 75 days bred today... the soonest bred date being 7/9 putting her at 76 days at the most... She looks VERY pregnant already. I know she shouldn't be showing yet but her belly is huge and the right side is bigger than the left. I know she couldn't have been bred before 7/9 unless the buck got out bred her and put himself away! :rolleyes:

Today I saw she had a clear/white discharge. Is it normal to have discharge this early? She better be bred.... I don't really want to put Rich back in with her, but if she isn't bred I sure should! :(

·
2,203 Posts
They have discharge normally throughout their life. Even while pregnant. The uterus, vagina, and cervix still cleans itself all the while. :)

Totally normal.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, well I hope that's all it was! I've never seen discharge except when about 50 days from kidding and while in heat... so I was concerned when I saw that this morning.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Some of mine start having discharge around that time. Not a lot but enough to notice. You could get her and do a walk by rich and see if she flags but my guess is since no heat for that long she is bred :)

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
Big in the belly is strange for now, if she is a couple of months along. By the 3rd month, they start bulging a bit.

Could it just be a full rumen? Does her belly look big all the time now or in the evenings? Do they have feed 24/7 if so, it could be a healthy rumen possibly.

You could test her with the buck to see, but I am hoping she is preggo already.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I let Rich in to a pasture across the fence from the does a couple hours ago... he was SO excited but the does promptly got up and walked away... So that was good. Poor guy... :D

Yes, her belly is big all the time... the does aren't getting any hay at all right now so it could be from the grass that is getting green again from all the rain. Poli and Star look the same way, just not as big. They are due a few days after Cosmo. Then there's Ruby our only open doe in there doesn't have a belly at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts