Huh?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jun 8, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    So I answered an ad in the newspaper that said 50 something boer cross does, 1 saanen doe

I emailed saying would they split the saanen doe off and could I please have some pics?

They said yes, they would split her off, $100, sent me pics, told me her story.

I said I'd love to have her.

Today I got an email saying "all of the goats have sold to the one person. Thanks very much for your interest and our conversation."

Huh?? :?

They said they'd split her, I said I'd take her ...

Am I the only one going :scratch: as to why they now sold her?

2. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    "Huh?" is right! That's a little strange... :scratch: Hmmm

3. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    So sorry that you didn't get the doe, what a disappointment. Did you have a firm pick-up date set with them for her?

I guess that I'm assuming that the first person with the money in hand that shows up gets the goaties? Based on my limited experience, that's the way that I do it. I've sold different stuff from the farm before, and have had people contact me saying that they would love to have it, but then they never show up, or like a week later they call or email to say that they're still interested. Had that happen a couple of months ago with a goat that I sold. Lady emailed me, and asked about the goat. Sent her the info, she emailed back and said that she'd love to have her. Didn't hear anything back from her for a week, then she finally emails and says that she wanted to come see her. Buy that time, I had a buyer that showed up to look at the goat, with cash in hand and I had sold her.

I can see it from both perspectives. The buyer thinking that they have made a deal and are going to go get the animal. The seller not being willing to wait on the potential buyer, who may or may not show up, and sells the the first person there with the cash.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    in most cases it is first come first serve -- be glad they actualy emailed you to let you know she was sold, some people wont even do that.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I do have to agree with Stacey .....I guess you could.... give them credit for that.. :wink: ...I am sorry... it didn't work out for you... to get her..... :hug:

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    well I'd told them a date that I would come up, between the goat and a bunch of other things I wanted to buy from them it was about $500 so I think thats pretty significant

I guess when I sell goats, if people contact me and want the animal, I always hold the animal for them, I figure thats just common courtesy. If someone else comes in the meantime, they are welcome to view the animal but I tell them there is someone else interested, and if the other person backs out I will give them a call.

Ah well, it just wasnt meant to be I guess

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Keren.......When you put it that way..... that was unfair and strange of them...especially when you made arrangements and a pickup date......that changes things......I am sorry ...they did that to you ...and yes ........now I totally agree with you.... :scratch: :hug:

8. Some people don't have the business ethics others do. I am sorry.

Think of it in a positive, maybe they were so sad they were splitting up the herd when someone offered to keep them all together they could not resist.

Just remember in the end if things like this happen I figure it wasn't meant to be. God could have been keeping you from further head ache? :shrug:

If you like I have some goats you can come pick up whenever you like. HEHE :wink:

You all can fly in and fly back. All you need is faith and trust, oh and one thing I forgot a LOT OF EXTRA CASH. LOL :ROFL: :slapfloor:

Your rich right? With the farm you have you are making millions. LOL :ROFL: Sorry I could not help myself!

9. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    And while youre in Arkansas its only several hrs to here! I have 3 or 4 open does....they are suppose to go to our helpers as a trade but they havent gotten rid of their sheep yet....
    Actually I had someone put a $50 deposit on a doeling. She never came back. I called & left messages several times; nada.
    Someone else came along asking if I had any Nubians available. This doe was still here...the people came they liked they paid, loaded her up.
    Sometimes as a seller you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Not to say you are like this Keren but when we have goats for sale we no longer wait around for that potential buyer who ood & awed. Unless they put down a deposit they arent yet customers.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That could be so true JD.....it could very well... be God... trying to keep keren from getting a headache...... :wink: :hug:

:ROFL: :ROFL: