The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 week old goat acquired a couple weeks ago, out of the blue will arch his back-draw his four legs close to one another and arches up till his hind legs are just about off the ground. I have seen it now for the very first time (my 3 year old does have never done this). Last time he did this, i just happen to be with him and at the end of the behavior he had a normal looking bowel movement. Just curious, as I’ve read the posts, if anyone has come up with some sort of explanation. I get it, it appears to be stretching, and all other behaviors are “normal.” I’m almost thinking that when i brought him home, he is slowly being introduced to my little herd of does only, and that it may correlate with a sexual behavior. Of course, not until i have him whethered in several weeks, will he be left alone with the girls. I wish i could catch it on camera too, it happens so fast and out of the blue. Then he goes about his business as usual. If anyone has happened to learn more, please let me know. Thank you. [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Sounds like Normal buck rut behavior. Does he extend himself? Peeing on himself?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts