The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if not the right board.

And sorry again, I'm just really excited and wanted to tell someone. We bought our property 2 years ago and according to the neighbor the ag pump hadn't been run at least 5 year prior. We did turn it on once by accident trying to figure out a house well issue, but didn't wait for it to pull up water.

The well isn't so much for the goats right now they seem content with the last few summer weeds in the field abd the oak tree. But the horse has become dissatisfied with his grazing options now that all the grasses are brown, so he is eating more hay.

The neighbor has offered to sell us her hose now that her property is fully fitted with distribution line. I just have to figure out what our best option is for irrigation. The field is mostly flat but does roll slightly abd has at least 2 spots that I know will fill up and pool if allowed (or with the rains).

Really just excited the only thing we need to do to the well its self is reseal some fitting at the top. Primarily around the pressure gauge that might need replaced anyways.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay I don't live in irrigation territory... what the heck is an "ag pump"? Just a second well on the property for irrigation purposes?
Yes that's exactly what it is. We have the main pump and for the house and a second pump for irrigation. Both are actually located in the same well housing. The nearest creek to us doesn't run year round so there's no water to irrigate. I also learned the well housing (not sure about the pump its self) was the original ag well for the dairy ranch that was here before they divided the land. And my house sits on what use to be a distribution pond that they pumped the water up to to help cover more area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts