The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank goodness this storm is veering off Long Island !
At first we were in its direct path. Still will get a lot off beach erosion and flooding. But the winds will be less severe. Wondering what the winter months will be like ....I'm dreading it regardless :(

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok , scratch that last post , there is yet another storm heading towards LI. :GAAH:

·
Registered
29,935 Posts
stay safe Tricky!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Prayers to those in the Bahamas

A pretty good noreaster here...wind and rain and tides. Goats became bored enough to head out to the back field - who ever said they wont get wet? They just shake themselves off every so often and nibble on. Hopefully by the afternoon today it will be moving past us, but I guess it will become someone else's misery north of us. Need the rain though - over six weeks without much more than a trace! Ground was dust and cement-like! Things are a bit muddy now, and it does make me think ahead / back to sloppy winters sinking in mud. As of now Joaquin is to go east and out to sea...we didn't need two back to back storms as was the prediction a few days ago, which I hope does not change back. Yet, at least this storm, as miserable as it might seem, is keeping us from a declared drought status, which was becoming closer.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
We're in South Jersey, it's been raining consistently but other than that, we're pretty ok. Lost a few branches, nothing too severe yet. Hoping not to lose power. Prayers for all in the line of the storm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts