OK my Nubian doe is due to deliver at any time. When the ice storm hit she was getting alfalfa for the calcium. This was given in addition to her regular grass hay. Well I am out of the alfalfa and I don't know when I will be able to get more. I have a calcium injection that I can give her but don't know if I should be giving it now, before the kids are born or wait until after she delivers and shows signs of hypocalcemia. I have been giving her 2 tums a day since I ran out of the alfalfa. Will the 2 tums a day be enough to supply the calcium need? or do I need to add more. Her udder is getting really large and tight. From what I have read, hypocalcemia is not something I want to deal with at all if I can help it. Hopefully she will wait until Thursday to have her kids but we are expecting a storm tomorrow, rain this time and its warm.