The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The former owner of my Nubian does sent in registration forms and transfer of ownership to the ADGA. I asked the former owner of my Nubians about the registration papers and transfer of ownership she sent in on the 23 of August. She sent me this message:
“I received a signed copy a couple of wks ago on all 3 registrations for the purpose of showing proof at shows and they are continuing processing them. Thats all I know. Id think they'd come to you since they're transferred to you.”

Is the signed copy the registration papers I should have? Or does the former owner get a signed copy? I’m confused. I know I should have them by now. I already received the papers for my Nigerian kids I sent in about 2 weeks later than she sent in the Nubians’. Why would she get something in the mail for her to show the goat she no longer owns?? Why would the ADGA send her something saying they are still processing them? I’m so confused about this. I didn’t have this problem when I purchased my Nigerian bucks or Doelings from two other breeders.

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
I think since you own them she should give you what ever papers she got...which I don't understand what she got? If ADGA had time to send a signed copy of something they had time to process the papers. I'm comfused too and no help..sorry but something sounds off?

Reactions: Emrcornerranch

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
She should give you that copy... technically... I too have got a stamped/signed copy of the registration and transfer for the young buck I have. They are so far behind this is the first one I've had of brand new registration though and not just a transfer I'm not sure how it all works lol

·
Fair-Haven
4,924 Posts
I sold a few Nubians in the spring. I sent in registration papers the beginning of March. Even though I listed the new buyer, and signed it if the transfer line, I received a stamped duplicate in July which I forwarded to the new owners. I had received emails from adga letting me know the status of the paperwork. I just received the blue papers in the mail 2 days ago. I am signing snd sendin along to new owners. Yes they are still behind and yes they often send the papers to the breeder. I would ask your seller for the stamped duplicate with her signature at the bottom while you all wait in the official papers.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sold a few Nubians in the spring. I sent in registration papers the beginning of March. Even though I listed the new buyer, and signed it if the transfer line, I received a stamped duplicate in July which I forwarded to the new owners. I had received emails from adga letting me know the status of the paperwork. I just received the blue papers in the mail 2 days ago. I am signing snd sendin along to new owners. Yes they are still behind and yes they often send the papers to the breeder. I would ask your seller for the stamped duplicate with her signature at the bottom while you all wait in the official papers.
That’s a good plan. I can look them over and make sure there aren’t any mistakes. I’m frustrated she didn’t tell me this, but after she waited 4 months to put them in the mail, I’d be SO relieved to see progress!

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
ADGA is backed up right now, they are sending stamped copies of the reg app so breeders can still sell the kids as registered and people can show them with those stamped copies. Chances are they returned the stamped apps to the breeder because she sent them in. There is a box that needs to be checked by the breeder that allows ADGA to send the registration papers, (or the stamped copy) to the new owner. Maybe the breeder didn't check that box, so they sent them back to her?

Reactions: Emrcornerranch

·
Fair-Haven
4,924 Posts
ADGA is backed up right now, they are sending stamped copies of the reg app so breeders can still sell the kids as registered and people can show them with those stamped copies. Chances are they returned the stamped apps to the breeder because she sent them in. There is a box that needs to be checked by the breeder that allows ADGA to send the registration papers, (or the stamped copy) to the new owner. Maybe the breeder didn't check that box, so they sent them back to her?
I did send the papers in with the new owners information and the buyers information, however, last week they still came back to me with no buyer information...... and I've found this has happened more often than not.... I sent papers to my buyers, signed in the transfer block so they can transfer kids to themselves. I ALWAYS recommend making a copy of the papers before sending.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts