I agree, evil, bad bad goats!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Nov 11, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Aargh!

I turned the big mob (doe and kids, dry does and wethers) out into a fresh paddock approx 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday, I spent all day fixing the fence that they decided they could get through. It is just really demoralising when you fix the hole, let the goats out ... and half an hour later they are in with the horses.

So I smart, I let out a couple goats that I can catch easily, let them show me where the holes where, plugged up then let a couple more out, and a couple more ...

Bingo, no goats out last night, no goats out this morning.

Just had a neighbour knock on my door, there is a goat and a baby goat eating the apple tree in his backyard. Groan. Yep, so they pick another fence.

The feed in their paddock is up to their bellies for crying out loud!!!!!

I never usually have a problem with my goats and fences, until I bought some new goats in, I think one of them has taught all the others. She will not be staying.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ick, I know that feeling. Mine have double fencing now. lol

3. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Thats the same with my friend new goat. YOu have to tie him up if you arent with him because as soon as you turn your back hes over a fence
    We left him loose one night and i told her to keep him tied because obviousy he would get out
    And she said no we let him loose at night
    First thing in the morning you look out the window and a big fat goat is eating her mums trees :ROFL:

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    yeah I had a goat like that - Samwell. He used to get out of EVERYWHERE. Now he's with Bridget (dolansullivan) and he does exactly the same :ROFL:

But he aint my issue no more :leap: