I almost forgot to share the neatest thing

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by jdgray716, Jul 18, 2009.

1. I come home the same way everyday and there is this herd of young Dairy cows and in the herd is this one black goat. I always felt sorry s/he did not have a friend. The other day, and this will blow your mind, I saw the darndest thing. This goat, knowing how goats love water, was following in line with the herd right thought the pond. That's right, :shocked: chest deep walking right though the pond like nothing. This goat thinks its a cow and I think that was so cool to see. I have put my camera in the car so if I catch it again I can take a picture. However, it was so cool to see and just remarkable to me. I have heard so many stories about goats HATING water and this goat was in it like a fish. Well, that was my story to share. HEHE Have a great weekend all. :thumb:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    haha! that's neat.

I had a big alpine wether given to me..he ended up acting like a dog..he didnt make any noise, sat like a dog, and would wimper when you left...now he's a pack goat on 20 acres..with a bunch of goats. happy ending!

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

OOO i want pictures! we used to havea doe that swam. We would take her down to the creek when we went swimming.
    beth

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    A pic would be great! We all know how adaptable goats are to their surroundings, but this is really odd :greengrin:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow JD....that is really strange....our goats ...think they are going to melt ...if there is a small puddle....LOL :D :ROFL: I would of really liked to of seen.... a pic of that...amazing.... :wink:

6. citylights

citylights New Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Too true, Pam! Water's like acid to my pygmies...I swear 20 goats stand on one brick to keep their little hoofs dry!

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have personally seen that happen! :ROFL:

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Ditto...LOL :ROFL:

9. Well, I saw the lil feller today. Just laying with the cows but no water run yet. I thought about taking a picture of him laying in the middle of all those cows but I really want to get a WATER pic for everyone.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That would be so cool......... :greengrin: :thumbup:

11. kritterkeeper

kritterkeeper New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Northern, Michigan
    we live on a dairy farm and about 3 or 4 yrs ago my sister in law brought home a very big weather... Mind you all our cows are black and white and this goat was black and white too... and he lived with the cows.. he got mad when we tried to put him in with our goats to try and get some weight on him and give him his shots... but he would have nothing do with either idea and broke a gate and tried to tear out the fence so to save the pen and our goat he went back to live with the cows..

it was quite the site to see him following them, eating with them, sleeping with them... we never did but often said it would be funny to take a picture of him and the cows and see if anyone could pick out of the picture, what was out of place..

Donna B

12. Well, here is a pic. S/he had to cross to get here but I have not gotten it yet. At least you al don't think I am nuts now. LOL

[​IMG]

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    we never thought your were nuts... at all...LOL....she just knows... you have the camera.....
    and is waiting.... when you don't ... Nice cattle by the way... :wink: :greengrin:

14. I knew that. LOL Just being funny, and I like the cows too. I just would never want to milk them. LOL

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Beautiful pic! Yes, she had to of crossed that to be where she is now...amazing how adaptable goats can be.....just think of all the goodies in that pasture she has!

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is definitely....
    alot of work and dedication...that is for sure...but the milk ..is so good... :wink: :greengrin:

17. I will milk goats before I do cows. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind raising them and selling them as they get older. I think that is what is guy did. These were all a LOT smaller while back?

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh I see....got ya...... :wink: yeah.. I can imagine ..it would be harder to milk a cow by hand.....vs a goat..
    more milk in cows .....LOL

19. Plus, much better for you. You can make soap/lotion. It's sweeter, and I can have more goats then cows too. Plus I am only 5'8' so they are more my size. LOL :ROFL: :slapfloor:

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    5'8' is tall....LOL
    your so funny...JD... :ROFL: :ROFL: