I also paint (added pic)

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by toth boer goats, Nov 20, 2008.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I paint with acrylics....I do not like oil painting ....as it does not dry fast enough for me...
    The 1st one has a protective gloss coating over it .....so there is glare...sorry ..I now use the other kind....of protective covering.. But this painting was painted when I was 16 years old...the 2nd I never really finished ....that was when I was older...I stopped and haven't painted since....my DH is getting upset at me and wants me to start painting again.....

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Re: I also paint

WOW!!! You are REALLY good! :drool:

3. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

thank you ....Chelsey.. :)

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

I really like the horses! The dog one's eyes really stand out . . .almost lifelike. WOW! :) :thumb: :drool:

5. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008

Very nice, my Mom does paintings with acrylics too, she was an Art teacher for many years and also taught for the deaf.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Those are very good....you have a talent that most wish they had...great job :thumb:

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

I feel...I feel a slight twinge of jealousy? Yes jealousy. JK you'r paintings are amazing!

8. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina

They are absolutely stunning. You have some serious talent girl! I agree with your husband, with a talent that like it shouldn't go to waste... start painting again. I bet you could sell those easily. Even open up your own artwork site and sell them online they are that good. I don't know which one I like more as both are beautiful paintings. :sun:

If you ever decide to start back up let me know, I would love to have a piece of your art... maybe a painting of one of my goats. :wink:

Beautiful works of art! :wink:

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

those are gorgeous toth! you could be a pro!

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

thank you....Talitha ..I like doing the eyes.....I had one painting ...I did years ago...that the eyes followed you ...it was a bit weird... :)

thank you...Amy...don't show your mom ...she might grade me...LOL :) ....that is really neat that she teaches the deaf ....you have a very special lady there (your mom).. :thumbup: :)

thank you so much ....liz....and I find others have talent ...that I envy as well.. :shades: :)

thank you ....Sara... :)

Oh thank ....Tina.....I know I should...get back into it....it's getting up the want to again....I usually like to have a picture in front of me to paint something ...I have done it feel style to...but find it is easier to go off a picture...1st I draw in pencil the rough sketch image and start painting it....Thank you so much for the complement ....I have no idea on how much to charge for these paintings ...The ones I displayed are huge ...like a 50 inch tv....I have done some in the past that were the standard smaller size as well for the family members....
    But...I do know how to make up a site to sell them ......thanks again...

Oh thank you...Katrina ..I don't think of them as pro.... :)

11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008

You're welcome Toth and thank you, we have her artwork here at home and at our church, used to have some at my Dad's office but that office is up for sale now since he's partially retired now. I know some sign language but now she's a Pastor.

12. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada

I get to see lots of creature based art doing what I do and I can say without reservation that you are very talented. You have some :shocked: exceptional :shocked: ability Pam!
    :leap: What Laurel_Haven said!! X2 :leap:

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

my mom use to paint like that --- well more landscape stuff but she was/is really good! I wish she had continued but kids came -5 - and she uses her many talents, painting being one of them, in other ways. But I wish I had been more patient and learned from her. I just cant stand still long enough :( plus I want perfection right away! :sigh:

very well done, amazing work! I amire people with talent which you certainly have!

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Amy..your welcome... :) ....that is talent within it's own.....you also knowing sign language along with your mom...even knowing some is a gift....and wow..... now I find out your mom..... is a Pastor to........now that... is Talent above and beyond..the call of duty..:pray: . :shades: :) :thumbup:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

wow...awww....you all going to make me cry :tears: That is so sweet....thank you so much BOB :)

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Thank you Stacey...I have done landscape scenery in the past . with livestock or a horse.....of course ..I was a horse fanatic growing up...LOL :) Sounds like your mom ...should get back into painting as well....I might do it again soon....with all of you guys giving me positive reinforcement ...
    The funny part how I got started into painting ...well my dad painted scenery stuff and I was really interested in it....but my dad for the longest time said....no ....but after the little brat I was ...decided to keep being a pest.....He said OK...go ahead ....so I did and that is where I started......The painting of the horses was a gift to my dad....He cherished it ...and had it on the wall..... until the day he past on...now I have it again..

17. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada

Flattery isn't really flattery when it's the truth :thumb:

If you want to PM me a mailing address Pam, I'd be pleased to send along a copy of our most recent issue of creaturesall. It has a beautiful wood burned exceptionally detailed horse on the cover and, as an added bonus, has a story written by the Goat Spot's very own Talitha (of Sonrise Farm fame). If anyone else would like a free issue, PM me & I'd be very pleased to accommodate.

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

thank you so much BOB ..I ...e-mailed to you my address....hope you received it.... :)

19. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Wow! You are really good Pam! (BTW it's nice to know your real name now!) :)

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

thanks.....Bethany...about the name ..I felt like it was time ...All of you ...feel like a family ..to me and I think... you should now know my name......so I threw it out there... :grouphug: