I am new

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dunroven, Jun 4, 2010.

1. dunroven

dunroven New Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Morning everyone! I am new to this forum and very much looking forward to taking part! I just found the site the other day and after a little difficulty getting registered, I'm here! I live in the northwest corner of Iowa and raise boer goats. Right now I have grade animals, but we are looking to soon move into the realm of registered animals. I have some in mind and am going to get my farm registered in July and then we will start purchasing our first registered boer goats. I'm really looking forward to that! We probably won't be doing any showing as my husband is a pastor and most shows are too far away and usually on Sunday, but we may let some 4-H'ers use our goats to show with so they can get experience and then they can purchase our kids to show for themselves after they get the experience with ours, thus giving us both what we need. Well, I'm sure I'll be back to be talking more, but thanks for letting me join and I look forward to the future!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome :wave: Hope you enjoy it here :D

My brother is a Youth Pastor in Chicago :D

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome :wave: I am sure you will love it here.

Now as you might of noticed, we LOVE pictures. Do you have any of your goats? You also. :slapfloor:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome!
    We look forward to hearing more about your growing herd!

5. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Welcome from Alabama. :) Hope you have a good time here. Where are you at?

Gina

6. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Welcome from Pennsylvania! Nice to have another goat lover on board :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome Welcome.... :greengrin: so happy... to have you with us.... :thumb: :wave:

8. dunroven

dunroven New Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Thanks everyone! I am in northwest Iowa, near the south Dakota border, about an hour from there actually. In Odebolt, Iowa. I am from the original home of Cracker Jack Popcorn! I do not have pictures of my current goats. We downsized our herd earlier this year, thinking that we might be selling out and moving, then my husband changed his mind (men!) and we decided to stay so my perfectly lovely herd of goats, which I cried over the sale of were gone, but I was allowed to keep some of them! I will be getting pictures of the ones I have for everyone soon!

9. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    Another welcome from Alabama!! I am also new here.

This is a nice place to visit!!

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Hi and welcome to TGS-glad to have you join! :wave: