I am officially "kidless"

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, May 22, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You know, no matter how many times I see babies leave for new homes, I still get teary eyed when they leave.
    Peaches, Sweetie and Uno will have a wonderful home together with a lady who used to raise show pygmies, she had to sell off her herd years ago and left herself with 2 does, one aged and one young, her fear was that the old gal would pass and leave the young one lonely so she figures on having a little pet herd now that her time has been freed up to enjoy them.

I am so going to miss those sweet little faces looking up at me at 4:30 in the morning wanting their breakfast...and hearing them greet me after work. Watching them bounce all through the field and having them snooze on my lap...It's all worth it though when I know that my attention and love are the things that make them thrive and grow to be the wonderful little pets they are :love: And knowing that I chose the right home for them too.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on placing them Liz thats wonderful. I know how it is to miss them. though right now all I do is say "I cant wait for them to leave" only part of me really wants that

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I know how you feel.... I have a few favorites that are REALLY difficult to part with every year. Unfortunately, we can't keep them all but it sure is nice knowing that they went to a good home. :)

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I know, it's hard to have to let them go. I've sold some in the past that I hated to see go-but it is so costly to keep very many these days.

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Congrats on finding them a wonderful new home! Can't ask for more than that! We don't have any kids on the ground yet, but I know when the time comes that we start selling it will be VERY DIFFICULT.