I am so excited my head is going to spin off!!!!! Day 150!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Nupine, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Yesterday we went kidding shopping. We bought milk replacer,colustrum replacer, save-a-kid syringe, bander, bands, big goat dewormer bottle, and Nutri-Drench. [Our friend does the disbudding]. It about broke The Bank of Dad, poor dad, he hardly even likes my goats. Hasn't been to the ''15 ft. from the house goat barn'' in like 2 months. But I am glad we went shopping. Here is our bred does and what day they are on. Daisy-146, Hannah-143, Nellie-140, Stella-139. Here is how they are looking and acting. Daisy has an udder full of milk, and I can milk her, she is a little irritated, her behind is big and red, but not very swollen. She isn't really sunken in by her hips or tail. No pawing. Baby is active inside. She is a second freshener. Hannah is showing no signs, but is certainly bred and very large, probably twins. First freshener. Bad dry mastitis, kids will be bottle fed. Nellie aborted last year. I ''think'' she is bred, can feel kids, but no udder. She has gained weight, but is no elephant. She is my CAE doe, kids will certainly be bottle fed, expecting single. Second Freshener. Then there is the one I am most concerned about, Stella. She is a small, cute, boer cross first freshener. She is huge, maybe big twins or triplets. Surprisingly nice udder, very ND like[besides the small extra teat]. No milk. I think she will kid very soon. She is VERY sunken in by her tail. You can touch your fingers together under her spine past her hips, can pull spine up, she can hardly hold her tail up straight to poop. I am baseing her due date on the day I saw her bred, but she could have been bred earlier. I seperated Daisy and Stella into a kidding pen. I am so excited. I will check on them again tonight, at least once. Stella is pretty uncomfortable, but Daisy is taking it all under step. Would Stella's kids be ok if they are born this early? Also, stella is very, very swollen and red. I am going nuts with excitment. I don't want to leave them alone. I have only experienced 1 normal birth. So I am super scared too. When a doe has milk, does that mean she will kid soon. I am really histatic about Stella's sunken in tail because when I noticed Daisy's sunken in tail last year, she kidded very soon after, but Stella has no milk. I am SOOOO confused with kidding signs. Can anyone help me?! I will get kid pics when they are born.
    Ashlyn

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Re: I am so excited my head is going to spin off!!!!!

Usually 141 is the mark for when kids will not be preemies.

Normal signs of kidding include discharge(losing the mucous plug) restlessness, digging holes(nesting) no ligaments, strutted udder, sides will look hollow, and driving the owner absolutely udderly insane :hair: :lol: :wink:

Sounds like you'll be busy :)

3. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

Yay!! :cool: Go girls!! :leap:

4. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA

Why are you milking Daisy? Shouldn't she be making colostrum

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I was wondering the same thing as Sara. Sounds like you will have BABIES SOON!!!!!!!!!!11

6. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio

Sorry, my bad. I meant I squeezed her teats a little to see if she filled up yet, I have never actually milked her. Daisy is looking hollow on the sides, and is very red in the back. She has been pawing and is laying down a lot. I have the two girls in a 10x12 horse stall and I put a whole bale of hay in 1/3 of it to make a ''nest.'' Daisy hogs the nest and will butt Stella when she comes near it! So I made Stella a smaller nest. Stella looks like baboon in the back! She is soooo swollen and red, and has COMPLETLY lost her ligaments! But she acts like she has no clue to what is going on. I hope she will be a good mom, she has been a spoiled bottle baby her whole life. I take kidding very personally. Much more personally than my own sisters. [But that is because a baby is the last thing either of them needed, one of them can't even take care of a cat.] Kidding to some folks is just more mouths to feed, but for me it is like the most exciting thing ever. Daisy went into false labor last night, she was laying down, breathing very loudly, and moaned a few times. She had her eyes squinted, and even if I called her she didn't look at me. I stayed in the stall from 8-10:30 and checked on her twice after that and again at 4:30 in the morning. Luckily I can survive with very little sleep. I really hope she kids today or tonight, or I will pull my hair out. :hair: I can hardly wait. I don't know if we will be keeping any the kids. Daisy would have 50% American Nubian or something like that, and Stella's will be non registerable nubian/boer/saanen/and a touch of alpine and lamancha! Her's we will sell though. I just don't want to be like our friends, 40 head of dairy cattle, calves, a few bulls and steers, around 10 bucks, 130 does, 30 wethers, like 100 kids and still BREEDING, and a hermaphorite or two. It is just and older man and a 25 year old daughter with a part time job! I will probably sleep out side today. Pray for girls!!!!!

7. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio

Also, a mucous plug? I haven't seen any mucous from Daisy, but I think she may have lost her ligaments. I did see some mucous from Stella.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

You won't always see the plug as some does lose them earlier than the day they deliver. If you can't feel ligaments and her udder literally grows before your eyes and is "strutted"...tight and she gets the peg leg look to her hind legs she'll go in the next 3-12 hours. Watch for streaming mucous-like fluid, she'll be in the early stages of labor when it looks like it is hitting the ground while still "attached" to her thogh most times it just gets stuck to the udder or hind leg. Hoping for a healthy and fast delivery for you and your doe!

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I can't survive on little sleep, I go wacko, and then fall asleep lol. Good luck! You will be busy with babie soon!

10. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio

No babies yet. :hair: I am so sad. She is pretty sunken in by her hips, and I think she has lost or partially lost her ligaments. I want babies soooo bad. Whaaa!!!!! I can hardly wait. I am afraid to leave the farm, because I certainly don't want to miss it. Daisy is stretching ALL the time. I also have a question. Since about yesterday or the day before, she has been pooping weird. She poops a bunch of ''pebbles'' all stuck together to form a HUGE dog-like poop. It has some grain in it and is a little smelly, but no diarrhea. She also poops alot more often. What does that mean? I saw a little discharge yesterday. She is super red and swollen. I want babies so bad. Last year, she had 2 beautiful twin does, which are part of our big herd. One is blue roan with brown and white markings and one if black with white flecks and brown and white markings. Daisy is red roan. I hope thay look like they did last time. I am so excited. I have a problem with that, I get too excited. But with babies coming from 3-4 does, I have NEVER been this excited in my short life. I let the two does out into the 12'x15' run attached to the stall a little bit yesterday and today, which they enjoyed. I am so excited I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!! :leap: :cool: :clap: :dance: :sun: :stars: :rainbow: :wave: :party: I want little girls!!!!!!!!!! :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl:

11. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Re: I am so excited my head is going to spin off!!!!! Updated

Still no babies! :tears: I want babies so bad. Daisy is very hollow and swollen. I hope today is the day. I think her ligs are gone. I think she only has one. I will post pics ofthe kids when they come. She is on day 149, but last year she went to 153. I wanted her to kid yesterday so we could have little Patricks and Ilenes bouncing around.

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Well if she follows her "pattern" of going later then you will be bald! And the first day of spring is coming up in a couple days so you'll have some spring names to choose from!! Hope she has them soon for you.

13. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio

I think I will be bald! :hair: Luckily the hair dresser says I have enough hair for three people. :cool: I am going nuts! I can hardly take it anymore! I WANT BABIES!!!!!!!!!! :stars: :thumbup: :rainbow: :balloons: :dance: :sun: :party: :pray: :wave: :angel: :clap: :idea: :angel2: :leap: :shocked: :ROFL: :love: :shades: :cool: :thumb: :greengrin: :) :lol: :p :roll: :cool: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

14. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

Let's go girls!!!!

15. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Still no babies!!!!!!!!!! Daisy completly lost her ligaments, and Stella's tail is so loose it is just hanging by skin. Daisy is on day 150. I put Hannah in the kidding stall too, she is on day 147. Daisy might go today, she is super hollow, and pooping alot, and swoolen. She didn't have much of an appetite, so I gave her some B12, which helped. I WANT BABIES!!!!!!!!!! Stella may have triplets she is so big!!!!!!!!!! :leap: :pray: :girl: :girl: :girl:

16. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
    Another false alarm yesterday, Hannah who I found out from the bucks owner that she is on day 149 today[!!!!!!!!!!], was laying down with her legs streched out making loud noises. But still no babies!!!!!!!!!! I could cry. Daisy lost more of her ligs. Stella's tail is about to fall off it is so loose. I am so excited for all of them, Daisy because last time she gave us the two most beautiful doelings ever, Stella because she is really big and I am wondering what the color of the kids will be [Stella is a ugly spotted boer cross, and the buck is a beautiful black, white, and tan nubian], and Hannah because I will get to bottle feed her kids and she is so beautiful and the buck was super nice and I REALLY want a doe from her. She is an Reg. American Alpine. As some of you may know she has SEVERE dry mastitis. I would like to explain it a little better. As she is nearing kidding, it has got so big on the one side [it is lop-sided] that she pees on it. It is bigger than a milker's udder, and she is a little alpine. It used to be rock solid, but I checked her today and it feels softer. The vet is baffled by it, and is like 60 and has been a vet a very long time. He recommended we breed her. She has had the udder since we bought her at 4-5 months old. She is now almost two. This is her first kid, and I think she is only having one. I will like die if it is a buck, I want to retain a doe from her so bad. We used hot compresses, 12 tubes of dairy cow mastitis treatment, 4 powerful shots, massages, ''milking'' it out, and penicillin, and it only made it worse! Some people have told us to take her to the sale barn because she is useless, but I am hoping to treat aggressivly once she kids. Just felt like saying it. Oh, remember Nellie, the CAE doe that made that post go nuts? Well I don't even think she is bred. She is supposed to be due in less than a week, but no udder, not swollen, no discharge, she isn't big, and has can in heat a million times. So the two does we wanted kids out of the most, Breeze the super Alpine, and Nellie the super Nubian, are not bred. Just had to vent. I want babies!!!!!!!!!! :hair: :cry:
    Ashlyn

17. Nupine

Nupine New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    South Eastern Ohio
  18. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am starting to pull my hair out for you :hair: C'mon girls!!! You are keeping her waiting too long!