I am SO EXCITED

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sweetgoats, Aug 19, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I will be leaving tonight to stay with my sister in Denver. My daughter and I fly out tomorrow morning to go see my son's basic Training Graduation. (Air Force). I can not wait. :stars: I feel like I am going to bust from excitement. I have been able to to talk to him a few times. He is the Dorm Leader, Platoon Leader, assistant TI, the Squad leader and the Chaplin leader. It is amazing what just basic has done for him. :clap:

Before he left for basic, he was baptized and he has told me over and over that he can do the physical part no problem but the mental part, "I could never of made it without the help of the lord". I tell you those words made my heart skip a beat. I am so excited.
    He was in a car accident that he and the others should of been killed a couple years ago. During him baptisms he said in his testimony that he felt someone put their hand on his shoulder and hold him back from flying out of the car. He new then it was the lord and he asked him right then to come into his heart and he wanted to live life for him now. (WOW, I about lost it when I heard him say that). He was hurt pretty bad had to have surgery to reattach the bones in his shoulder. (doing great now).

He was not a bad kids at all just one that felt that he was young and really was not taking life serious and I was just worried with the economy the way it is, you never know. So he decided to join the Air Force.

The other best part of this is he and my daughter have said since he was 18 that they would spend her 18th birthday together. Well he was really upset that he would be gone for her birthday but he wanted to be home for her graduation. Well it just so happens that we will be with him on her Birthday so they will be able to spend time together. It is Sunday.

OK, thank you for reading, I am just so excited that I can hardly stand it. :wahoo:

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Lori Just feel like giving you a great big HUG :hug:

What part of the airforce is he going to be a part of?

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Thanks Stacey and Alyssa. That means the world to me.

Stacey, he is going into to school next for Air Craft Mechanics.

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh good -- a "safe" thing -- I know he would roll his eyes at me. My brother wants to be a medic in the army.... -- thats only semi "safe" :( A friend of mine is in the airforce but in charge of putting cargo onto the aircraft -- I was like "Oh good, thats "safe" " he was like "you sound like my sister"

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Yea. I was really happy with that job, or as happy as I could be. i still worry, but I guess that is what parents have e to do.

really I worry about any military forces right now. But he told me "mom, I could get killed in a car accident easier then being killed in the military. When it is time to meat my maker it is time no matter what I am doing".
    Man I hate it when he is right. :shrug:

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah tell me about it! My brother is only 17 and it scares me to think of him being in harms way --- but a kid just his age was in a car accident on Sunday thankfully not hurt but really there are chances every day. :sigh:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Lori, it's great that you are going to see your son...and the fact that he and your daughter will be together on her birthday. You must be so proud of him for making such a big decision for his life, and the fact that he has Faith to believe that God does know best. :hug:

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    What an amazing family- this is a really heartwarnming story. I hope you all have a great time.

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :hug: I'm so glad you get to go to your sons graduation. (Does it seem like he left a couple of days ago?) Every time I see a military man my heart swells with pride. Please give him a kiss from us too! And tell him I said "Thank you for your service to our country". Congrats! And have a great time!