I am sooo Excited

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sweetgoats, Dec 30, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I ordered a barn camera and it came in today. :wahoo: :stars: :stars: I can not wait to go put it up. I believe I will even be able to set it to my computer and watch the goats as I am at work. :clap:

I do not know if that is going to be a good thing or not. I am afraid I would not get any work done. (not that i get any done anyway because I am always here instead). Plus if I see something I could not get home in time because it is quite a drive. My luck I would get in a accident trying to get home.

I am so excited. I got it on Ebay and it was only $50.99 and it is wireless with night vision.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I so want one!!! congrats. Now dont go getting yourself in trouble or hurt :greengrin:

So what kind of power does it need?

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    That's great now you can send it to me! JK LOL! Congrats on the new barn camera.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

It runs on either 110 or battery for the camera. So if someone does not have power they could still use this.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    what brand is it??? You will have to let us know how it does for you. I would like to get a barn cam also here real soon!

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes Lori do let us know how well it works! I would need one that uses battery.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ok, now if feel really dumb. :oops: I did not get the one that is battery operated. I was looking at one but I guess that is not the one I got. I have electricity in the barn so I guess i figured I did not need the batteries. I do know they have them. Now that i am thinking about it they might be the ones that do not have night vision. I am not sure.

I will hook it up and let you know how it it.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh.... I am so jealous..........LOL :)

9. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Please, please let us know how the camera works for you. I've been "hovering" on a camera purchase for over a year now & havent made the plunge because:

1. Our barn is over 500 ft away from the nearest computer.

2. Whatever camera I get must have night vision and the specs I've read just don't encourage me to spend several hundred on something that might not work.

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I really want to know how you like it once you get it up and running. We keep talking about a camera in the chicken run and in the barn.

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have to tell you that I LOVE IT. It has the best picture that I have ever seen on a camera like this.
    I can see a big range also. I have sot set so I can watch three different pens at the same time. It does have night vision on it so I can see but I guess I spoil my goats a little. I have a sting of white Christmas lights in the barn so they can see the mean bullies coming. It is not much light at all but just enough.

The best past about it was it was only 50.99 and that was including the shipping. That is for one that has night vision and will go 320 feet. I could not find a better deal anywhere. (I Love Ebay).

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I can always run an extention cord out to my barn :D

So what is the specific brand and model?