I am soooo confused

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sixshooterfarm, Aug 27, 2008.

1. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok so I have a doe that is bred... obviously, and we do not have a due date for her, I bought her and said oh well the buck has escaped several times and I dont know when her due date is. So I know she is bred because her udder has gotten bigger over the last couple of weeks and her ligs are pretty soft today, now this doe is FAT FAT FAT and so it is already hard to feel ligs but I know they are soft because I have been feeling them as long as I have had her. Ok well here is my question, today my bucks escaped and Romeo has been chasing her around like she is in heat, and her tail was wagging and and everything, I never saw them breed but she had a white discharge like he had been breeding with her...... But she is OBVIOUSLY bred, I mean she is all poofy in the rear and udder is bigger and ligs are soft and she has a big ol belly. Am I just going nuts or have you guys seen this before! I will go get some pics of her.

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    my friend had a doe that was in heat every three weeks for the 5 months she was bred.. it was really weird

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I would pull that buck out of there,, he smells her because she is getting closer and the discharge is normal........Doe's usually start filling udders about 1 month before kidding and they do discharge, it does have an odor that does attract a buck,,The buck will stress her out by chasing her around and she may kid to soon if stressed to much.........So if her udder started filling up 2 weeks ago I would think she will kid in approximately 2 weeks or so.............Or it may be a false pregnancy ,but that does not happen often..............

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Sometimes when our does are getting close to kidding (as in a week to 3 weeks) some of them flag a lot and act like they're in season. Our bucks seem to think they're in season and chase them all over. So your doe is probably just getting close to kidding.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    dito what the others said. My wether Jasper use to chase the girls when they were close to kidding.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yep! Pregnancy hormones are the culprit and I agree that she is close...in the next 3 weeks at most.

7. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Ok well I am watching her and of course once I realized that the bucks were loose they got their little butts locked back up! I know she is bred cause I can feel the kids, I know what the rumen is and all the intestines and I have been doing this long enough I know a kid when I feel one, and I can feel hooves and a hard head lol. I will keep you posted, of course I will be gone for most of the day tomarrow so thats probably when she will kid lol

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sixshooterfarm that is so so true,,,we were watching a first time mom,,, it was her due date,,we thought well,,, she doesn't look like she is quite ready yet,,,I think we have time to go to the store and back ....real quick,,,..............WRONG~!!!......... :doh: oh my.............. ran out to her and they the(twins) were on the ground doing fine ~!!

9. sixshooterfarm

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    Thats funny cause I got home yesterday after we had to drive 3 hours away to pick up my husbands car where it broke down......... and yes it broke down 3 hours away from home! sucks bad!! Well we got home yesterday to bouncy happy twin girls!!!! YAY finally girls!!!

10. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Wow, how lucky are you? :stars: Pics please. Congrats!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the twins!!! :stars:

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow sixshooterfarm how ironic,,,,,,,,,that is so strange ,at least she did not have any problems that's the good part....congrats on your 2 GIRLS :stars:
    :hi5:

But I am sorry you broke down :tears:

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :clap: :girl: :girl: ....glad all turned out well! pics plz.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congratulations on your girls! :stars: :sun: :dance:

15. Candy

Candy New Member

:stars: :girl: :girl:
    Congrats,
    Candy

16. smwon

smwon Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Northern California
    It's so exciting! Congrads! I can't wait till that is me...

17. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    BIGGGGGGGGGGGGG congrats!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

18. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    What a happy way to end the confusion! Congratulations.