I bought a buck!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jan 11, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    So some good friends of ours, well they are having some health issues and are getting on a bit age-wise and are having trouble keeping up with looking after their goats (boer and boer cross). So they called us and asked if we wanted to come look over the goats and take what we wanted.

We went and had a look and we are going to be taking about 30 goats all up (going into the work herd, not my own personal goats). There are about 15 weaners - a mix of wethers and does, plus about 15 1 - 3 yr old dry does. And he wants to lend us his big buck (who we bred) because he doesnt want to join for a while, but he didnt want to sell him outright.

Anyway, they also had two 18mth old boys there, nothing flash but not too bad, and they are similar bloodlines to the ones I was wanting to introduce into my own personal herd. I figured, Pride isnt going to be ready to join this season (that was the original plan) so I will use this buck this time round and see what I get! He was cheap enough and I know not to expect anything flash, but he might throw some good does for me! Anyway, I'm excited and will post pics when I get him (wont be till next weekend or so).

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats! :clap:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats....and hopefully all works out for your friends, and yes, we will be waiting to see him.

4. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

Congrats! (Although I hope I never reach the point where I'm buying 30 goats at a time!!!!) :greengrin: